Opinions on this DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rfbrw said:

I have tried the TDA1543 and I still say it is a piece of junk.

A bit harsh me thinks to say something is "junk"... I'm really enjoying my DDDac, though admittedly my only points of reference are not DIY designs -- a Benchmark DAC1 and a Marantz CD17.
Did you try it in the dddac or another configuration? Would be nice to know too what your current diy reference is -- also with configuration if possible. Thanks.

" ... The DAC supports digital audio input sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz. All sample rates support 24-bit audio precision. Each input channel can receive a digital audio signal at any sample rate. The proper input sample rate is automatically recognised. ..." From http://jos.vaneijndhoven.net/dac2/index.html

No doubt about it, this guy is on the right track. Has anyone used this device yet?? (Pretty new, August 2006 and probably available in the Netherlands only.)

Thanks to Dave for the link. I may get one just to try it out ... (The guy works for Philips so he has access to the good stuff ... !) :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.