Open loop line stage pre-amp design revisited

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, of course, assuming an absolutely perfect power supply the zeners would introduce noise.
I can't guarantee it, but i have a very strong feeling that the zeners would introduce less noise then they reject.
Anyway, using ccs instead of r2/3/19/21 would make the zeners unnecessary as the bias through the mosfets would be determined by these ccs instead of the voltage supplied to the gates of the mosfets.

These ccs would also reduce distortions, as the Vgs/Yfs of the mosfets becomes irrelevant. They would do what they should, redirect current, nothing else. (except their dynamic capacities)

Mike

For the constant current sources, I meant to put it in the sources. Break the two dif amps apart and run current sources from the oposite rails to the dif amps. Kind of like the attached picture.

(I didn't show everything and it also might not be correct, I am just trying to show the idea rather than the right way to implement it. I don't have p-channel jfets in my spice sim.)

Attachments

• dif ccs 1.jpg
    dif ccs 1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 259
For gaining a better understanding of the JFet stage I have found the All-JFET Line Amp article of Erno Borbely very helpful.

I have tried to upload a zipped version, but the file is still too big.

Please google for "all jfet line amp" and you can download it as a PDF file.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.