Open baffles - best way to support them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And what would be the effective angle between the baffle plane and your listening axis then? Somehow like this:

Yes. Only its all OB. An OB is nothing more than a horn with zero length. And i did mount a swivel on the small OBs. There was nothing scientific as to placement, just adjust until it sounded correct. The main reason for this experiment was to get the baffles out of the center of the room and have a smaller frontal area.

ron

I'm still having a little trouble visualizing. Do you still have the woof on Martin's original baffle, and then a small supplemental baffle for the 87e, or have you cut the LF baffle down somewhat?

I cut the baffle down to 32" height and mounted the small baffle on a swivle on the edge just high enough to clear the magnet sticking out the rear.

TBH it sounds better to me. more LF punch and the clarity is still there It just looks smaller as i am looking edge on. I was getting tired of having the baffles set out away from the walls and in the middle of the room.

ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.