Open-baffle with the miniDSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are horns fullrange huh? are what I am referring to is using one dsp per channel left right rather then frequency channel Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I am worried about the lack of separation these little dsp's may have. So digitally you have to split the left right Chanel's. I don't think that will happen hey? I realize you can daisy chain them up for as many frequency channels as you want. Anyway how is the sound quality? Are they as good as say better then a ipod even after you mess with the time domain's. I could live with them I think if they where as good as a ipod. I am not saying a ipod is supa but that would be my minimum hopes. I think having the freedom to do what they can do would make up for there short comings Fidelity wise then. I will always keep a passive system to compare. Just poor seperation really bugs me. And modern dual op amps seem to suffer that problem.

Are you being sarcastic? The iPod has horrid sound quality, at least with compressed material. I gave up on buying compressed music files and am only buying cd quality or better, mostly better. The sound quality of miniDSPs is some of the best I've heard despite only having a 48kHz sampling rate.

Are you being sarcastic? The iPod has horrid sound quality, at least with compressed material. I gave up on buying compressed music files and am only buying cd quality or better, mostly better. The sound quality of miniDSPs is some of the best I've heard despite only having a 48kHz sampling rate.

Please I am going to buy your DSP enough! I sorry I criticized it.

I find the little apple ipod with out the screen with max resolution. Quiet enjoyable. I use them to test amps in the workshop.I cant speak about the more complex models. I have never tried them. You may find they sound better then you think when you plug them straight into trans before the amp to filter off the high frequency content. But I isolate all ss sources with trans and earth too if I can.The dsp will get the same treatment. Trans on each output.
I think the little ipod is a work of art. In 50 years they will be in museums By then people will have apple ipod /i phone implants. They will have heads up displays.And they will remember ipod's started it all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.