Open baffle fe127e with BR woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Anything can work, but why to complicate oneself?

You can, with two 12 inchers per side (unless your room is very small or very resonant and one is enough, like in my case), and a little equalization or t-bass or the bass boost built in in the "subwoofer" amp

Do you even think about what you write? Your two statements are completely contradictory. You are against simple bass reflex enclosure because it is too complicated, yet what you suggest is not complicated at all? T-bass? Bass boost? For open baffle bass you need to consider that fewer woofers are actually going to work in this arrangement, since X-max, Qts have to be selected, lower SPL is achieved on open baffle due to massive side cancelation, baffle must be enormous in size...I have done open baffle bass and went back, do not use it anymore.
What the heck is so complicated about br box for woofer. After all, if you do not like it br, you can just close that opening and make it closed box. In comparison to open baffle it has much higher spl, much lower fr extension, box is smaller and so on. I do not see anything complicated about that.

adason said:
Do you even think about what you write? Your two statements are completely contradictory. You are against simple bass reflex enclosure because it is too complicated, yet what you suggest is not complicated at all?

LOL
I didnt mean that BR is complicated, but that pairing a BR with an OB or electrostaitc is a pain in the ***.
I'm against bass reflex because it distorts the sound and never sounded good, never sounded "right" to me.

T-bass? Bass boost? For open baffle bass you need to consider that fewer woofers are actually going to work in this arrangement, since X-max, Qts have to be selected, lower SPL is achieved on open baffle due to massive side cancelation, baffle must be enormous in size...I have done open baffle bass and went back, do not use it anymore.

I'm using open baffles and I'm experiencing the best bass of my life. The baffle doesnt have to be enormous, H and U frame can be employed. A bit of reading is required, of course.
I'm sorry for your bad experience. But if it didn't work for you, doesn't mean that it cannot work for the OP. He has to consider all options and then choose wisely.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.