ONE INCH thick Sono Tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found Pic

Here it is.....

Attachments

• G-sub.JPG
    G-sub.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 113
Greg,

It's pretty "round" only had to push one side in a bit to get the front/back in. [disks were router cut].
Once the back piece was installed, loaded it with spay 90 glue and poured in quartz sand (that stuff is very nice, if you find find some). I repeated that a few times, until there was a good thick layer. Any thing like that will require a good long drying time; week or so.
This box never sounded like a pipe (or boomy). Of course this is a good project for someone that doesn't have a lot of room to work in. I did make a small wood stand for it, after this pic.
Probably could find the green PVC on a large construction site (dumpster diving).

The green PVC box needed something, maybe bigger port(s). I'm sure the port sizes in the box are from Perfect Box and/or copied the tuning from the factory designed box (pic on #33)

Just to throw an idea out there :2c:, might be kinda fun to cut a smaller pipe and add an exoskeleton port.

Still have the 1000 watt woofer and 5' green pipe - think I need a powerful amp to get it going.

btw...have a black box (like post 33) buried at the bottom of speaker pile, let me know if anyone needs it....Its HEAVY!!!! not giving away the 10" speaker/driver, just the box.

Attachments

• sono tube 2.jpg
    sono tube 2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Idea

Checked the tuning on the box in PIC #33, looked great - even peaks and valley at 30 HZ. The volume, port size was from here:

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWX-1042D.PDF

Also, I simply called the Alpine engineer; the fellow was very informative - back when the box was built.

So here's an idea that wouldn't be hard to build; using a round PVC as the box and the same port as in the square box (12.5" x 12.5" x 11").

Could router cut rings that fit on the outside of the PVC, a few should do. From there, make up a square base and connect the two with a full size back plate... The heavy line is the PVC pipe.

*Woofer for the example: SWX-1042D

Attachments

• Square port.jpg
    Square port.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.