One Aleph-X working, One to go

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the schuro trafos are better for what they offer at this price.
Just look at this quality.
Primary and secondary are isolated with an extra winding that is earthed.

Attachments

• v-rkt-ms-sw.jpg
    v-rkt-ms-sw.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 598
Hi Promitheus,

it´s not easy to fix the problem:

1. sending them back is not really a sollution.

2. Buying new ones is, but wich ones? I´ve got the Schuro ones in my Aleph 5 and they are not completely quiet although they only have to deliver 170watts (They are 600VA too). If you ask people who sell transformers they will never give you a garantee that the transformers will be silent.

Walter,

I will try to call your Mr. Müller. Thanks!

William

Hi William,

I have a question about the parts list that you posted and your Aleph-X. Which of the following is the correct cofiguration:

1) When using multiple FET in parallel for output, are R7 and R5 duplicated for each FET? Since you used 3 fets in parallel (total of 12 per channel) is each R5 (and R6s, and R40s, and R41s) a combination of 3 resistors, (thus for R5 I really need 9 x 1 ohm per channel), or

2) Are there three R5s (and R6s, and R40s, and R41s) so that each of the parallel mosfets gets its own, so each channel needs 3 x 1 ohm.

Sorry if this is confusing, still trying to understand the concept of paralleling my output devices.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

each Mosfet get´s his own source resistor of 0,33Ohms wich in my case are 3 paralleled 1 Ohm resistors. The output resistors are only used once.

Walter,

what do you mean by full power? Do you really use 1000VA?

Fox,

what power do you pull out off your 625VA transformers?

William

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes including 220000uF per side no chokes and a 3R/2kw Resistors parallel to the Caps.Near 7,3 Amps running 2 hours nice test for the Transformers.I now the cycle from the current bring the Transformer to the llimitation and for the Diodes to.
Resistor load is nothing for Transformers.
regards walter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.