• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks vzs, I found the WIMAs at mouser (MKP2-.1/100/5 WIMA Polypropylene Film Capacitors) for 0.533 EUR. Are the Polypropylene caps the best solution for the application?
Generally speaking, one should think about where he needs a capacitor then check some cap datasheets.
If using wimas (as are pretty cheap in Europe), in my opinion MKPs would be the best here for decoupling and FKPs for coupling (10nF)

I left my DAC at the lab (home of a scope) so I can't do anything tonight but I just looked at the schematic and see two 100k resistors to ground after the output caps. So wouldn't I get 50k output to ground?

Again thanks for your help.

Yes, that's why i said minimal, it wouldn't read a perfect conductivity depending on the sensitivity of your DMM.
As adamus said, get pics up. Be sure you have audio output from the DAC board for starters.

It's working !!!!! :p;):D:eek::)

Thanks to everyone who kept me moving forward.

Long story short. My problem was a flaky "switch" I used for in phase out of phase. Hard wired to in phase and everything came up.

Using ECC182s, Adamus LED mod, and Munford Silver/Oil with Russian Teflon bypass. 105V at the anodes.

After first couple of hours I can say the sound is very nice. Bass is tight, vry sweet voices and very good detail.

Best

Bob

It's working !!!!! :p;):D:eek::)

Thanks to everyone who kept me moving forward.

Long story short. My problem was a flaky "switch" I used for in phase out of phase. Hard wired to in phase and everything came up.

Using ECC182s, Adamus LED mod, and Munford Silver/Oil with Russian Teflon bypass. 105V at the anodes.

After first couple of hours I can say the sound is very nice. Bass is tight, vry sweet voices and very good detail.

Best

Bob

:cool: It would be nice to see a picture of your DAC. Can you post one?

Cheers,

Fred

Here it is

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpeg
    IMG_1424.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 300
Thanks.

Once I have settled on final touches I will put it in a wood box with copper accents.

For those interested in the 6H6P,6H1P,6H2P I can recommend Oliver's Tube-I-zator board. I had it hooked up to the DAC End2 for a couple of hours this PM and it also has superb sonics. Tight bass, superb voices and excellent detail. Nice option if the NOS ECC182s keep going up.

Enjoy

Just sharing

My friend uses Nelson Pass D-1 (replacement for Supply + IV Stage) for my DAC End 2.
But it hasn't worked well. He said the problem is on D-1.
(He'll find what really happened later)
Sound output ( Right and Left channel) isn't at the same level.

Very nice!

I have been thinking about trying the D1 also since I have good experience with it in previous builds.

Please keep us updated.

Hi Quanghao,

I need full board (DAC END, Salas shunt for DAC, I/V stage and PSU for I/V Stage)
I will wait until your PCB for PSU for I/V is ready.

Thanks.

Hi all!
Last sunday I was sent PCB DAC-end2 to all friend! Thank you very much!

Hi m461c14n!

No I have only : ( some PCB)
PCB DAC-END
PCB Salas shunt for DAC
PCB I/V stage.
No have PCb supply for IV, I think you use Salas HV, it is better the sound!
Quanghao

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.