• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just sharing

My DAC already finished (just DAC End + Salas Board)
My friend who built it tells me that sound so good.. (better that his internal DAC in his Creek CDP and his old TDA 1543 DAC)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My question (for agithegreat / appelizo / quanghao) :

Is it normal ? When LED on DAC End boards is OFF when it gets music signal (vice versa it's ON when there's no signal music)

What bour your LED at your DAC boards? (Not at Salas Shunt)

I already asked before: did you try to switch between two SPDIF sources? or to unplug and plug the spdif rca while running?

If yes: did you have sound right after connecting?

If no: could you please try? :)

I'm asking because I want to switch between two sources and not sure it will work without resetting the receiver.
Thanks!

My question (for agithegreat / appelizo / quanghao) :

Is it normal ? When LED on DAC End boards is OFF when it gets music signal (vice versa it's ON when there's no signal music)

What bour your LED at your DAC boards? (Not at Salas Shunt)[/QUOTE]

Your DAC is nice!

Led on the dac pcb is to report the signal from the CD. when a signal is led off, no signal to the LED light!

you should see a voltage between the gate and source of the mosfet of 3V -4v. if its zero then you need to decrease the Rset resistors (27r) by parallelling another 27r.

I actually used 33r X 3 in parallel, which drops 1.98v = 180ma. The dac board takes around 90ma in use, so the mosfets get warm with a heatsink, and the salas shutn can do its job.

set the output voltage of the salas shunt to around 5.5v (ensuring vgs remains at 3-4v). Then then after all the tl431 you should have near enough (within 0.1v) 5v.

you should see a voltage between the gate and source of the mosfet of 3V -4v. if its zero then you need to decrease the Rset resistors (27r) by parallelling another 27r.

I actually used 33r X 3 in parallel, which drops 1.98v = 180ma. The dac board takes around 90ma in use, so the mosfets get warm with a heatsink, and the salas shutn can do its job.

set the output voltage of the salas shunt to around 5.5v (ensuring vgs remains at 3-4v). Then then after all the tl431 you should have near enough (within 0.1v) 5v.

Million thanks, adamus
thumbup for you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.