• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BOM has at least one little error: Only 13 green leds for Salas, should be 15?

Few smaller mistakes which are easy to spot @ DAC End: R28 is R26 in the schematic, and there is C18 47uF/6.3V cap, should be C17. Didn't find any other when rechecked my BOM, I think I should have all the parts figured out now, if schematics & boards matches.. (and if there isn't any other errors) :)

* In my pcb of the Salas board there was a little problem.
* The output of single +5v was in short circuit.
* To resolve it is necessary make a little cut of the wires, see photo.
* In my case this problem has not destroyed the components but
* please check before switch on.

Attachments

• cut1.jpg
    cut1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 383
This evening I have finished to assemble the power supply modules.

I have found only the value 200ohm of the trimmer instead of 220ohm so to get 6.3v I have put in parallel to the R11 1Kohm 1% resistor a 2Kohm 1% to get a value about 700ohm.

Prabably I will change the R1 22K 2w with a lower value to increase a littel the power supply voltage.

I am using a 250V ac for the anodic power supply.

checked my board, no short so must be a slight fab issue.

I am only using 230v AC so will probably have to further decrease 22k, or settle for a slightly lower B+ which shouldnt be too much of an issue.

I already tried with 230VAC. It's not enough. I rejected it as there is not enough headroom for regulation, so you will see the ripple ~~ :(
You need at least 250 and change the 22K resistor value.
For good regulation I aim to keep Vds around 50V.

Last edited:
===============================================
-- a t t e n t i o n ---x short

possible short circuit on Salas board

check twice for the short
under screw terminal +5 Digital output

===============================================

Thanks Audiodesign!
-
-

Attachments

• DSC07075E.JPG
    DSC07075E.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.