• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a thouhgt regarding the phase jumper.
Some Recordings are made out of phase and some in phase. It's realy hard to distinguish, but we all trust our ears to which recordings simply sound better.

When I get around to assemblin mine, I will put a switch on the fron panel of the case so I can switch to either in or out of phase "on the fly".

instead of the jumper block on the pcb, I'll find a header that I can use to wire to a switch.

Does anyone think having a switch instead of a jumper be problematic?

Perhaps the pcb layout can b designed to accomodate a users choice?

Jeff Davison

Plan for board completion

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/155960-dac-end-andrea-ciuffoli-group-buys-30.html

Dear All,
Firstly I would thank for your trust in myself and andrea in this design.

For a perfect completion, I may opt to have you all to take a look at the circuit and layout before I send it to printing plant.

Regarding schedule, the printing will start by January 18 and it will take 8 days. Plus two days for shipping to me, I can ship the boards out to you by January 28. This implies a 4 days delay compared to initial plan.

Regarding Paypal’s lock-up, the main reason is Paypal wants to see the evidence of shipping, which is yet available. I’m talking now with Paypal to sort out the situation.

For a solid, professional and hi-end boards are what I am striving for.

In post 297- 300

ok, thanks..... then how about an on board relay?
That would keep the digital signal path as short as it needs to be, and it would give us the option of changing phase without having to open up the case of a finished unit.
JD

Hi Jeff Davison!

The jump is to transfer the signal phase islands. So I put it on the PCB. And the path of the circuit as short as possible, should you do not use the wiring length.

This is an option for output, when used iv transformer or not! By simply connecting two points on the DAC PCB
Thank

ok, thanks..... then how about an on board relay?
That would keep the digital signal path as short as it needs to be, and it would give us the option of changing phase without having to open up the case of a finished unit.
JD

Relay??
the signal does not go through relay, relay should not affect the signal

*and it would give us the option of changing phase without having to open up the case of a finished unit.**

That is a good idea and practical, but in this case I think not.

This following circuit should work like a remote phase inverter.

I have simulated it with Winspice, see output.

It is too difficult implement it now because we need one more ic.

Attachments

• PhaseInv1a.gif
    PhaseInv1a.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 446
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.