Old Slogans You Remember

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shaun - OT, and may have mentioned this before, but love the avatar - brings back fond memories of my first several Osibisa albums, which like an idiot I traded away back in the 80's at local vinyl swap & shop - probably for a extra copy of DSTOM or some other such - remember when any serious audiophile needed multiple pressings of major hits - "but my Japanese half speed remaster makes your original UK pressing sound like the AM radio, chum"

they must have been a party to see live in their heyday - "criss cross rhythms" indeed

back to your regularly schedule programming - for some reason I just flashed on the Ron Popeil products, although no particular ad campaign comes to mind - kids, start your google engines .... now :D

Hi jackinnj, Please excuse me for finding a recent post and butting in....
Is your inbox full? I tried to message you the other day about ordering some bits. Also tried the number on the website but no reply. Just incase you've not received the messages I sent this week, I'm still after the impasse board and psu. Would it be easier for me to order just the boards/kit from your site and get the tubes myself in the UK?
Apologies for cutting in on everyones conversation. Im eager to build and itll take a while to get the bits i need shipped!

Thanks

Dave

One of my personal old favorites, and topical too! From an old Maxell Tape poster. The slogan is across the bottom, it gets a little bigger if you click on it. Wish I could find a larger pic of this out there. I have this poster (closest I've ever been to an Arp 2500), but it won't fit on my scanner. :p

Maxell_Arp2500.jpg

-- Jim

Last edited:
When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer. (Schlitz Brewing)
Ford has a better idea. (FoMoCo)
I'm upping my standards, so up yours. (Pat Paulsen campaign slogan, I think)
It's two... two... two mints in one. (Certs?)
Double your pleasure. Double your fun. (Wrigley's Doublemint gum)
The soup that eats like a meal. (Campbell's Chunky soup)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.