Old school Orion XTR 2250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's nothing practical you can do as long as your charging system is capable of supplying sufficient voltage to the amp. If you try to use higher charging system voltage, the amp may produce more power for a short while but is likely to fail. If you're dissatisfied with the output of the amp, you need a different amp and speakers.

Ok, understood, I have no interest in modifying my vehicle anymore than it is for the sake of music. What does it mean exactly with the old school amps that say they have an unregulated powersupply. Doesn't that mean its output is strictly based on how many volts you put to it and is it anything special? I just think its goofed up that its over a 1000watt rms and after about 5 or 600 its distorted watts. I'm totally satisfied with the amp though. Would different subs allow me to get more undistorted watts out of the amp? Anyways i'm using it on two 12w6v2's right now and in the process of getting another 1000/1 for them just to make it a clean JL setup and leave it. And remember that 13w7 and 1000/1 I got for $600. Within two weeks them sold for $1150 on ebay. I was totally impressed with both but I missed the quickness of my 2 lighter 12's. I was playing them on a 500/1 but I missed the punch out from the Orion amp. Anyways I've read some of you guys change over some parts in the xtr's and make them handle impedances like the hcca's. What would that cost, just curious, I would never modify that amp. I have it for sale right now also just cuz I'm afraid its age will get to it one day and I want to sell it before that happens.

The amp can likely produce the 1000 watts it's rated to produce. It likely clips just at 1000 watts.

You're getting full power out of the amp running it at 4 ohms mono.

If you have speakers that allow the amp to produce full power, making it able to handle lower impedances would be a step in the wrong direction. The amp would be less efficient and would ultimately be likely to produce less power.

Perry. Looking at the thread I'm 57 years old & bought the XTR 2250 for my 2002 ford 150 truk. it has the matching 600 watt X 4 Orion amp. I have always had these both amps with matching components in four doors. My boy wants to Buy the 600X4cn amp. Quetion is that Amp still at gains always set at 1 on JL sub with 2250 & the 600 watt 4ch on the coponents. What would you think is fair on that amp. My oldest boy 33 has the cheaper model stuff. I want to put stock sterio back in. I haven't really listen to sterio for 3 yrs are more very much. Plus now have a 6 year old grand daughter..
Any help would be nice from all../
Thanks ahead for your time
Rich

this is my first post. I have a Xtr 275 revision C that is in need of repair. It has a blown fen16c rectifier and some issues with a resistor off the back of the power supply caps. I have a photo that shows the resistor i speak of. Thanks for the help. Would love to work through a full repair and add to my collection. HCCA 250, xtr2150, mbr70, xtr 275? If this is not the right section let me know...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.