ok for output stage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nuuk said:

It's another 'junction' for the signal to travel through and the fewer you have, the better. If it were the only option then OK but when you can use other methods, I reccommend those instead.

I don't get switch on/off thumps with my GC's and I wonder why some do?

A relay is simply an electrically controlled switch. The "junction" you speak of is simply a conductor...nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there's some added resistance but I'm also pretty sure that that resistance is negligible. I don't get "thumps" either. That's not why I want the relay. As explained in a prior post, I don't want the caps on the power supply rails (something on the order of 5000uF) to drain for 2ish seconds (and therefore still hear music) after the power switch is hit.

If anyone can recommend some diode scheme to drain current charge from these caps, I'd be interested to hear it...

Back to the question at hand, can anyone tell me if the relay I'm looking at is appropriate for this application? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.