Oh dear, I killed my Cyrus 2. Where to start faultfinding?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Sonusthree, if you need a small nudge to get started, then I have 1 pair of BUV48As (enough for just 1 channel), and 2 pairs of MJE243/253 (enough for both channels) left over from my repair job.

I ordered more than I needed (a) to get over the Farnell £20 min order barrier, and (b) in case I prematurely killed any of the new parts.

Cost of the above is around £6, so you can have them for £5 (plus say £1 for UK P&P). If you (or anyone else) is interested then drop me a note, otherwise I'll keep them in my spares drawer in case I kill the amp again :rolleyes:

Of course your fault might be different, so you might want to look inside first.

dead cyrus 2

Hello Tucks1 & RichiOOboy,

I'am in the same situation with a dead cyrus (I checked
and found one of the power transistors is chorted
(left one without metal cross bar). It died during measurements of my DIY ESL speakers with ARTA.

I read in this threat that the PT77 should be replaced
with BUV48A. But I notice that both transistors have
a different marking (one reads PT77 CT129 the other CT135). Should both be replaced with the same BUV48A ?

I'm not an electronics guy, but have neffuw who repairs (PA) amp's professionally. But I need to give him the correct information to order the parts.

Thanks for any help,

Edwin

Attachments

• sdim1463 small.jpg
    sdim1463 small.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 150
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.