OGIaudio - True Ribbon - Full Range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello friends! :)

I uploaded photos for you again, on this server they will stay at least 10 years

ogi_audio_ribbon.jpg

ogi_audio_ribbon2.jpg

Hi, Is that a double or single ribbon in the gap? also do you have it damped with foam to control resonances? is the ribbon of a spring type, or flat over it's length? I presume by looking at pic, it's not kapton backed, but a foil only. Looks like a MRT with disfraction panels on each side, probably good for 200hz up. Al

I had many powerful subwoofers which shake floor under foot, open doors, broke windows... but they didn't sound deep in my room, they sound more like some working machine :)
Anyway, you are right, there is acoustic shortcut and everything connected with that
I have big ribbons with big panels and overall result is better in 20-200Hz range
There is no secret reason for that, the same and better result I can get in sub range with classic drivers and panels

Hi OGI,

Is the diaphragm stretched? Have you experienced any dilatation effect (expanding/shrinking due to temperature change)? How sensitive is it to draft in the room? Is the V-shaped baffle for aesthetical reason only, or has this shape any function vs a flat baffle? Nice piece of work, I especially like the small footprint...

Thanks Oshifis! :)

Yes, it's stretched but not strong
No problem with temperature change

How sensitive? You mean how hard is to make diaphragm?
It's not problem, replacement also

Baffle is like that to reduce resonant problems
Anything symmetric and repetitive is worst possible in acoustic
It's important that distance between diaphragm and end of baffle is not the same vertically on both sides

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.