• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official O2 Headphone Amp Front Panel Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For anyone planning on building an amp with the B3 plates, would I have any clearance issues using a Kilo 15.88mm or 19.05mm cylindrical knob with larger 1/4" plugs? The BOM knob is 16mm at the base, but tapers down quickly and is 11.1mm at the tip.

I intend to use my amp for desktop purposes only and was hoping to use the biggest knob I can fit for aesthetic and ergonomic reasons. But I can't tell from the design in post #185 whether or not it would be too cramped with larger 1/4" plugs like the Furutechs or the big Neutriks.

Maybe I should just drill holes into the blank plates and center a huge knob into the area where the batteries would be...

Thanks Joe!

I hope they accept me as a customer since I buy as a private one.

Well, they didn't... I have to go through some company called Mikro-Kit in Sweden and I don't like the set-up at all. I feel that they think they are doing the transfer out of courtacy - not one "Thank you for buying Farnell stuff through us". So I will consider my options for a while...

Brgds

Last edited:
Thanks Joe!

I hope they accept me as a customer since I buy as a private one.

Well, they didn't... I have to go through some company called Mikro-Kit in Sweden and I don't like the set-up at all. I feel that they think they are doing the transfer out of courtacy - not one "Thank you for buying Farnell stuff through us". So I will consider my options for a while...

Brgds

Turbon, how many you looking at getting? i have an account, I can see if I can help

-joe

This Group Buy is officially closed to new orders.

The order for B2 panels has been placed with Front Panel Express. Production time is expected to be 10-15 days for 365 panels.

We are reviewing the layout of the B3 panels to ensure there are no "fit" issues (board component/jack physical interference), and should have that sorted out in the next day or two. The B3 order should take 5 days, so we will still be able to combine them for a single delivery for users ordering both B2's and B3's.

For those of you building the mini Desktop with the B3 case, I advised NwAvGuy (RocketScientist) that the 1/4" jack he suggested on his BOM will not work with a 2 mm faceplate (the new panels or the included ones) I have identified the Neutrik NRJ3HF-1 and NRJ-NUT-B combo as an alternative(The BOM still has not been revised). I want to confirm if this jack can be used in a location that will allow batteries to still be used with the Desktop version. (ie not installed where the batteries normally go)

I'm in the US. How long before I should see the panels?

I guess Flynhawaiian isn't checking this thread.. He handled the order with FPE, they said 10-15 days for production, delivery to him after that, and then distribution from there. He's doing the US and International that isn't EU and I'm doing Canada and EU (besides jktam, because he's special ;) )

I suspect it's going to be another couple of weeks yet.

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

In the meantime I have resorted to rustic measures. :mallet:
IMAG0216.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.