Official M2 schematic

PCF sim of my M2. I am not using a buffer as my pre has lots of drive. DF=400.I'm tempted to try it out.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 813
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oh I thought you measure your gain at the output….without the PSF and then you insert your 15k and you look how much more gain you have.

2dB are 1.258925x more signal than you had without.

Decibels to Voltage Gain and Loss convert calculation conversion amplification amplifier electronics - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

but the problem for me is that the F7 has less neg feedback and not no feedback.

The pos feedback in the F7 takes away a bit to the neg feedback, and in M2 you add to gain some more gain.

But I am not really informed….or competent.

Last edited:
Oh I thought you measure your gain at the output….without the PSF and then you insert your 15k and you look how much more gain you have.

2dB are 1.258925x more signal than you had without.

Decibels to Voltage Gain and Loss convert calculation conversion amplification amplifier electronics - sengpielaudio Sengpiel Berlin

but the problem for me is that the F7 has less neg feedback and not no feedback.

The pos feedback in the F7 takes away a bit to the neg feedback, and in M2 you add to gain some more gain.

But I am not really informed….or competent.

OK here goes (no pfb) .84v in----3.861v no load-----3.753v 8 ohm load--- gain= 4.58 out z=0.23ohm damp factor 35

(pfb) with 1.5 ohm and 15k .84v in----3.172v no load----3.143v 8 ohm load
gain=3.83 out z=0.07 ohm damp factor 135

All at 1khz.

So what does it all mean ???? I'm just a back yard mechanic when it comes to this. Will I hear a difference of will I blow up something? Guess i'll try it and see

Oreo how have you selected the transformer values?

From Elliot Sound Literature

" ---For example, a transformer might claim to be -3dB at 30Hz with an impedance of 600 ohms. That means that the inductive reactance is equal to 600 ohms at 30Hz,"

L = XL / ( 2 * π * f ) Where XL is inductive reactance and f is frequency
L = 600 / 2 * π * 30 )
L = 1.59 H

From Edcor Data----Frequency Response 20~20K Hz., <1dBu
I just used the 20hz as the lower frequency in my calculation,its probably more like 5 hz for -3db. which would give about 20H.From there I tried different values for the other L that gave me a gain of 5,that value worked out to 100H. If 5hz was used then the values would be 20H and 500H.

Here is my first attempt om a balanced M2-DCB1 combo, thanks to previous modeling posts and encouragement.

I found the Edcor settings on a .rs website with these parameters
Edcor PC600/15K (1:5)
pr. : 44Rdc, 240mH (600R)
sec. : 235Rdc, 5.7H (15k)
My trafos are already mounted so I can't measure them to verify, I hope they are correct, they model 1:5 voltage amplification fine.

I am still puzzled by the signal grounds in LTspice vs. no ground ref on a real balanced signal, and the volume control...
I made a complete working M2 SE model first, and than I simplified the M2 schematic and mirrored it with F5X signal input resistors. Next step would be a complete balanced model.

Any advice is welcome...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is my first attempt om a balanced M2-DCB1 combo, thanks to previous modeling posts and encouragement.

I found the Edcor settings on a .rs website with these parameters
Edcor PC600/15K (1:5)
pr. : 44Rdc, 240mH (600R)
sec. : 235Rdc, 5.7H (15k)
My trafos are already mounted so I can't measure them to verify, I hope they are correct, they model 1:5 voltage amplification fine.

I am still puzzled by the signal grounds in LTspice vs. no ground ref on a real balanced signal, and the volume control...
I made a complete working M2 SE model first, and than I simplified the M2 schematic and mirrored it with F5X signal input resistors. Next step would be a complete balanced model.

Any advice is welcome...

Thanks for the Edcor values.Boy was I off,so much for Elliot's calculations.