Official M2 schematic

M2 dual mono supply.

Some progress on my M2 this evening. Need to finish connecting the supply, termistor-earth and test. Hope my surplus caps are ok. Dual mono supply with 4x 47k uF and 300VA trafo per side.
Then to drill holes and tap heatsinks and drill rear plate, mount jewelry, test each side --- and then hopefully the M2 is done :) ... for now ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 384
Some progress on my M2 this evening. Need to finish connecting the supply, termistor-earth and test. Hope my surplus caps are ok. Dual mono supply with 4x 47k uF and 300VA trafo per side.
Then to drill holes and tap heatsinks and drill rear plate, mount jewelry, test each side --- and then hopefully the M2 is done :) ... for now ;)

At first, I thought that stacking the toroids on top of each other was a bad idea... but then I found this (excellent) animation:

YouTube

What brand are those capacitors?

I’m crossing fingers for your caps ;) where did you get brackets for the transformers? And what are the tracks?

Is there an advantage, besides space, of having transformers on top of each other?
No brackets, just a bolt and the rubber pads and endplates that came with the trafos. Brackets for the caps are from mouser.
What do you mean by tracks?
From my point of view stacking trafos was just a question of space utilisation. I have some brackets ( galvanised ) from a building materials store and was thinking of standing them on the side. But stacking is simpler.
If I had to ship them I would probably brace them in some way, as Mr Pass points out. However the bottom plate is quite thick and the bolt through the trafos has more than adequate tensile strength to hold them in place.

Extreme_boky, caps are Kemet long life ( formerly Rifa I think).

Last edited:
Sorry my head must’ve been somewhere else when I wrote that. I meant the capacitor brackets, thanks! By tracks I meant how are you going to connect the rails? Bus bar or just straight wire?

ZM do you just drill through he pot of the lower one for that arrangement?
I suspected you ment the caps brakets :).
I will use wire, To start with. Maybe copperplate for grounds later.