Oberheim OB-8 restoration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fortunately, I printed out the schematics and have a very small print copy. Let me see if I can make a readable archival backup copy for you. (Hope Tom doesn't mind:shhh:)

I wouldn't be surprised if all the Oberheim models used similar technology especially as he uses current drive for all the voices. Makes it hard to scope as there aren't any voltages to be seen.

Thanks a lot Ian! We have several schematics, but none are the one used. My son spoke with Tom and apparently he did not designed that part - keybord.
His unit is two voice, so for voice one all keys are working fine, but for the second voice, certain keys play as a first voice. When play both voices those particular keys again do not play. Part that controls keybord - we changed every single chip. As a result keybord works, where before did not work at all.
Second voice Choky repaired. :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.