• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Front Panel GB Interest

Interested In being a Part of the Group?

• Yes

Votes: 81 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The confusion will lie in the apple. Or the Apple? :)
"What would Apple do?" asks the question how Apple (the computer company) would solve the problem at hand.
Usually, Apples solutions are very elegant, if sometimes a little extravagant and not for everybody.

Real life example:
Their notebooks have a sleep indicator light that pulsates in a frequency and manner similar to the breathing of a sleeping person.
Apple is so good in fact, that I've watched my girlfriend and my MacBook Pro "breathe" in perfect synchrony for more than a minute...
I was awestruck by the engineering ressources and precision applied to a sleep indicator light.
A sleep indicator light. Breathing.
It is a most obvious analogy that is immeadiately apparent to even a child.
And this simplicity of use and obviousness is what is desirable for almost any problems' solution.

Another term coined for this, yet lacking the subconscious connection to elegance and luxury, is KISS.
Used mostly in engineering circles it's the principle to Keep It Simple Stupid.

Anyhow, i think I answered your question more extensively than you would like, so I'll stop here...

I still need someone to give me some help on shipping overseas. What has to be declared, etc? Is shipping via first class mail okay, or do we want priority mail?

To the major distribution points I intend to use priority or some variation.

What size "bubble mailers" should I get, for ease of use? (0 or 000)?

lynhawaiian
whats the total number of panels?
whats the rough breakdown of the countries (US, EU, Asia etc)?
is it just the panel or the entire case ? I remember in one of the posts saying at the volume we may be considering it may be better to order the whole case.

Current design looks great.

After a quick review of the thread, here are the counts:
US: 34
Canada : 54 or 104 depending on if jtktam participates
EU: 61
Asia/pacific: 3
Unknown: 4
Total 156 or 206....

(if anyone tries to do what I did, they'll get it wrong because I added 10 more for myself from what I said on the list..)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.