O/S Mobile Authority 116ZX amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1 Pz of Transistors Sanyo 2SD1065 2SD1065S 2SD 1065 2SD 1065s | eBay

Seller is in Italy so check with him to see how much S&H would be. Those are about the only ones I see on ebay that LOOK legit (authentic) but there could me more you would just have to check (their pics and their feedback). There some US sellers that have some their just a bit high, but check with them to make sure their authentic/genuine.

A few weeks ago I decided to try my hand at fixing this old amp again, managed to get some equivilent transistors and popped them in. Please excuse the misplaced solder, I was trying to bypass the resistor and it didn't work.

I can't figure out if this is a 0.46 Ohms 5% or 4.6 Ohms 5%

Attachments

• 116ZX resistor.jpg
    116ZX resistor.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I don't know if you've done any other damage.

The datasheet covers two complementary parts. Complementary parts are typically parts with similar specifications but with opposite polarity. Complementary parts are often used in the output stage of amplifiers.

I'd buy the original parts from pacparts.com. There are a lot of counterfeit parts on eBay. Pacparts should be safe but when buying discontinued parts, there is a risk of getting counterfeit parts.

Thank you for your help Perry and others. I feel like a complete noob but at the same time I have learned quite a bit. I'll be ordering the CORRECT replacements from Ebay after Xmas, but I still can't figure out the resistor colors, What is your educated guess judging from the pictures (I'm partially color blind so it doesn't help)

UTSOURCE has them (they have their own website or have an ebay account). I trust them because I have had successful repairs with their "hard to find" components.

The only downside is you have to wait two weeks for it to arrive, but don't worry S&H is ONLY 4.00 WTF!!!! YEP.

Search turned up 0 for 2SD1065. Also with ebay I expect to take a chance, because nowhere else has the part anywhere near the price.

EDIT Found several equivalents but not sure what one would be the best http://alltransistors.com/crsearch....eb=6&ic=15&tj=150&ft=20&cc=&hfe=70&caps=TO247

The one with 150W TDP and 450v UCB looks interesting, but I don't think I could alter to make it work.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.