Now Playing + What are you listening to?

New sounds? How about Pantha Du Prince's album "Black Noise". Relaxed electronic sounds with a lot of tinkling.

Pantha du Prince's album 'Black Noise' you say ? I will have a listen to that now. Any other suggestions ?

The last time I was over in Freiburg, about two years ago now I had heard some of the best Electro I have EVER heard. Some awesome programming and some super fat sounds. If only all electro was the same and if only I knew who it was doing the music !!!!!!!!!!! I never got to find out but I always looked forward to coming over to hear the music and sample the Ganterbrauerei lager. The best lager I have tasted too !!!!!! I miss Freiburg.

Thanks
Gareth

Buxtehude

Attachments

• Buxtehude.jpg
    Buxtehude.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 66
A shot I made in Buxtehude neaby Hamburg: Swantje, Liv and Christin - very nice friends of mine. :)

Lily Allen - Heart Of Glass. Nice cover version. I think we could expect a lot of Lily Allen when she eventually decides to leave the girly pop waters. Although I have to say that her first two albums are a big fun to listen.

Gus Gus - Believe

Freiburg! Beside Sankt-Peter-Ording my favourite city in Germany: Perfect weather, lovely landscape, cosy historic city, good beer and wine and a university providing the place with beautiful and smart people! :)

More recommendations in electronic music? Hmm, dunno. I like the complete works of Gus Gus.

Yes, I have to agree in that it is my favourite place that I have visited too. There is a big nice cathedral in the centre with nice pub's (excellent lager and some good riesling) and very very nice architecture too, the old town gate with a McDonalds built right next to it !!!!! Trust McD's !. I have seen the university but don't know about the students I'm afraid. I really enjoyed the times I have spent there though, really nice and friendly people too.

Liked the music you recommended aswell so I am trying to get hold of the CD's now. Really nice sort of laid back electronic sounds, good to relax too.

Primus - Tommy the Cat and Primus live.

Les Claypoole on bass. A man who knows how to be creative with the bass guitar and his whamola ( single string on a crate ) which he fills in with on a couple of tracks. Excellent to my ears, nice and fresh (it was even fresher when they first came out but still....)

Bo Diddley with his cigar-box guitar and some other Chess stuff. Quality material. Always a pleasure.

Blind Willie Johnson. Real blues from real people. You can hear the pain all through some tracks. Powerful stuff, especially as my fave's are from the late 1920's. Really surprised when I first listened to him.

Noir Désir and Yann Tiérsen from France. Also Louise Attaque. Good viola's and percussion. Tarmac too.