Now Playing + What are you listening to?

"The Messiah" conducted by Adrian BOULT.
This was the second performance that he recorded. The first was in the 1950's this one is from the 1960's.
I grew up with this this version but it was out of step with the contemporary interpretations by being quite slow and with sparse orchestration. Back in the early '70's a visitor actually asked me if my turntable was slow! It just speaks to my soul.
Just extraordinarily lucky to get a CD version. My LP boxed set was from about 1971, "World Record Club" (do they still exist?). Could not see a CD edition anywhere and then Decca knocked one out a couple of years ago. Found it by accident being discounted in a small country town. Providence........it IS "The Messiah" after all.....ha ha.
Now, in addition to that, "Year of the Cat"...."Baker Street". B Streisand. Joni MItchell, preferably earlyish.

Cheers Jonathan

very nice - Bonnie Raitt for the next generation?
One may hope!
They no longer perform together - they were 16 and 17 year old schoolgirls there and are now in college/university and Samantha is married and is a budding author.

Still, they may get together again later.
Sadie plays with a few well known names. I first saw her with Samantha Fish, another favourite female musician.

Susan Tedeschi may have some competition before very long :)