Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Operating Officer
Joined 2011
I love the music of independent bands making such wonderful music. A lot are on the border of pop-rock-alternative, and some go the extra mile of being radio friendly. But hey, if it sounds good and makes me feel good -- then it goes to my playlist! Here's one band I stumbled-upon, and saw they had a youtube video. "Barcelona" by Jet Set Go. They're from Orange County. Great driving music here: YouTube - "Barcelona" by Jet Set Go

Mylene Farmer: Point de Suture.

In the car: Athena Andreadis - a live recording of a WOMAD concert about five years ago, ripped from a radio broadcast on Radio 3 using Audacity.
Her version of Tzivaeri is the best I have heard, Eleftheria Arvanitaki notwithstanding. (takes a while to get going).
There is a youtube video of Athena made in Greece a week before I first saw her live. It really doesn't do her justice, I can't imagine what she was thinking of there.
I stood fifteen feet from her at the concert. Tzivaeri was her first song and the first I had ever heard of her or the song (bought tickets 'cause she sounded interesting) and I was in tears although not understanding a word. The beauty of her voice and singing and the emotional content was overwhelming.

Don't judge her by her English songs, IMO they are very poor in comparison to her Greek songs.