Not a bad list, really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have about 90 cd's that feature on that list. I prefer most of my other 1,900 or so CD's, although in the end they are all different, not 'better' or 'worse'. Which is the beauty of music, culture in general and the human race as a whole.

Like all 'greatest' lists of this kind, it is undemocratic, unscientific and utterly absurd. To take planet earth's entire musical output and say Radiohead is the greatest is just silly.

The poll would be better named "the top 100 favourite albums by established artists on mostly major record labels voted by english white anglo-saxons, or about 0.01 percent of the human race".

On top of that, it just looks like they took a sample from any other British 'greatest' list -- which invariably feature the same artists and albums -- and changed the top ten a bit to have a slightly more interesting story to sell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.