Non Oversampling Vs Oversampling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As for the design approaches that make for a good dac J.H. has pretty much covered this over past few posts in this and other threads.
The reason for my question was not to seek a recommendation of any kind but to find something J.H. approved to compare the Wadia with given the way it departs from the norm.
ray.

You want me to design a whole sodding D/A! Give me a break.

Digital done right...........somewhere around here I have an article discussing this very topic. It is about 10 years old, but there is no clue as to what publication it came from. I'll do some work to see if I can ascertain its source.

But once again.......the grounding, the power supplies, the little things that don't show up on the schematic are what makes it sound good. Like clean clocks. No reflections on the digital in/out ports.

And don't accuse me of being a reviewer again, or l will really go bonkers. [joke]

Jocko

Re: Harshness

Elso Kwak said:
Hi Halcyon,
With the asynchronous reclocking 95 % of the harshness is gone.

Elso,

I'm very interested in asynchronous resampling to defeat harshness, but I don't have the necessary skills to work on my machine myself.

I tried to send you an e-mail about the MODs for Philips 962SA I own.

Did you get it?

cheers,
Halcyon

PS You can contact me at halcyon @ myrealbox dot com. Make a usable address out of that by hand, I spelled it like that due to spambots.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.