Non inductive caps and resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know of any good sources for non inductive capacitors and resistors? I'm looking for .47uf caps and 8 to 10 ohms for the resistors. I will need them if I have to add a zobel network across the speaker load to keep my amp from oscillating, due to high capacitance cables. (Sigh, one of those downsides to 9ga braided cables :)) If the price is right, I'll pick up a bunch for experimenting with. Thanks

Bryan,
You can pretty much take it for granted that metal film resistors are non-inductive. Wire-wound will say if they're non-inductive. Carbon resistors are pretty much non-inductive by definition.
Caps...just buy good ones, and you'll be okay.
When in doubt, scrounge around until you find the specs. Yes, passive components have spec sheets, just like active ones.

Grey

Most metal film resistors have some inductance although the reactance is very low at audio frequencies. Having said that, I use MEGGITT CGS resistors in high frequency systems, they have very low inductance units.
As far as capacitors, I believe that it is hard to beat polypropylene, these babies are almost the perfect cap on audio and you get to keep all your arms and legs.
Regards WALKER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.