Non-Buffered Non-Inverted Gainclone (LM3875) fpr 47K Pot Circuit Wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again,

until now I did not get the parts or my secont attempt, but the supplier promised it is on the way ...

If you are interested: here are two loosy pictures of my first try

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

More will be coming around christmas.

Cheers
Christian.

TDA7293

Hello again,

around christmas, I was lucky enough to find time to build my TDA7293 ChipAmps, which I rather do not call gainclone :)

These ChipAmps are based on a ub-audio kit www.ub-audio.com, I used a Mundorf Tinfoil input cap, there are some silmics in feedback path etc., so definitely no gainclone ... I used a 450 VA torodial transformer, ultrafast soft-recovery rectifiert and more than 40.000 uF Panasonic electrolytic capacitors for each channel.
I had to build a delay to decrease inrush current.

So this is moretheless the same circuit as suggested in the data sheet, but better components and slightly different values of some components, e.g. input cap.

Sound: I did only compare it to my NAD C 370 Integrated, I used the pre output of this. First, the Chipamp seemed to be less powerful but very musical (whatever this is). After spending some days listening to the chipamp, I switched back to the NAD. I was disappointed then: music was rather liveless and grey with this commercial product.

BTW, I built a pre amplifier, which is basically a passive pre, which means it is only a potentiometer. But this potentiometer itself is active: PGA2310. This sounded far more clear and transparent than the pre part of my NAD. The only disadvantage is the relatively low input imedance, so that my NAD C 541i CD player having 600ohms output impedance (which is almost too much) has to be tweaked. (will be my next project)

Pictures and some explanation on my website www.krishu.de

Cheers
Christian.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.