Noise Pollution Stories

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
great stories guy`s

About a year ago we had 2 18yo twin brother living accross the road from us.
They owned a big sub what else i dont know it was just annoying.
if they wearnt fighting or playing m&m ,they were chasing each other around the room.(strange lads)
So after a few weeks of this crap i made a slingshot. And started to fire it at their car, visitors cars and house
Well thing went from bad too worse when the two of them threatened me.
it ended up with with a huge party about 20 young kids across the road
I charged them they ran inside and locked the door. i got my chainsaw
and yelled dont think that gonna stop me.im comming for use then started it up.
they all went white looking through the blinds

Well i better finish this
After they left .The owners had one hell of a time opening the front door
because it was nailed shut and loaded with nails to stop my chainsaw

The back door too
And they had been entering and exiting the house through a bathroom window for atleast the next 3 months untill they moved out.
but needless to say i didnt have too much more trouble

Perception of noise has a cultural dimension.

I used to live in Tokyo, the noise pollution capitol of the universe. People growing up there become oblivious to the noise. My wife, who grew up in Tokyo, occasionally does things like run the vacuum cleaner at 11:00 pm. When I asked her not to do that because I don't like to hear such noise late at night she replied "but you listen to music at night all the time".

Noise, music, it's all the same!?!

I_F

Statute of Limitations has expired. And that’s a good thing.

Hi all,
Noise, know it well. This is one story I can now tell in public.

Some years ago I was living in down town Greenlawn New York.

A pleasant place where once in a while people park their horses in front of the bagel dealer on Sunday mornings. Mostly suburban with some small farms.

Being I lived in a second floor apartment just off the main drag. During the summer I got to hear all kinds of things before I got air conditioning. Screens kept the bugs out but did little for sound deadening.

One hot sticky Sunday night, the alarm on the local deli went off. Like most alarms there was no reason for it’s trip, the building was secure.

Second precinct Suffolk County police came by and took a report.

That was about 8pm.

This thing did nothing but yelp, and yelp, and yelp some more.

Around 10pm I could not get to sleep, and the deli owner was not going to show up and solve the problem.

Got out of bed, dressed and took a walk over to examine the situation.

In front of the deli there is an overhang, and under the overhang was the alarm box with its noise maker. Figure about 10 feet up (3 M for the rest of you).

About this time my neighbor Steve makes an appearance, he is not happy either.

Such was formed The Greater Greenlawn Committee for Esthetic Deletions.

We walked over to his garage and found some long handled garden tools. Then went back to the Deli.

Then we started to whack the box with the tools.

Several hits later we knocked it off the over hang, it was hanging by a bit of speaker wire at chest height. Twisting slowly.

Then the wire parted, and silence reigned.

Steve and I got a standing ovation from the bar across the street. We took a bow and exited stage right.

I wish I could have watched the deli owner open up the next morning. But some of us needed our sleep more.

Later guys.

Jack Crow in Kuwait

Dnsey
You know, I like your thinking.

We had one SOB (and I don't mean Swell Old Boy) in my radio club.

What a peice of work.

One of the ideas was while he was out flying some client, was to fill his car with that stuff.

Fortunatly he killed himself before we had the chance to do it.

Look at the money we saved.

Later dude
Mike in Kuwait

here's one of mine....

when I first got my car installed with a setup, just as what a typical teenager would do is turn it up. when I get near our house, I would lower the volume but the windows are still down and still playing at moderate volumes. so when I'm at home in afternoons, I would hear someone passing by also with their car stereo blaring. I looked out the window and it was a neighbor on the other block. he was passing by our house before going to the main gate so he's obviously trying to show off. he did this a few times while I did my everyday stuff and the last time he did it, I just had an upgrade to 2 12's and decided to play a little trick..... when I passed by their house, I turned it up to full volume and everyone outside looked at me. I just passed by and to this day, he hasn't passed by our house with the stereo playing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.