No sound from TDA7492P Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The speakers I have here now are 5.5 ohms is what I read with my meter I have 3 identical what look like full range speakers cause they're only 5 inches, although I bought resistors (didn't come yet) to bring them to 8 ohms The specs for the amp say 50W per channel and I thought they meant RMS Thanks for showing me how to calculate RMS although I didn't understand the U^ part It's the required current at 24V for a power supply I'm trying to calculate I don't wanna buy a 3A if 5A would be better

@nigel
"If its a 100 watt amp then you need about 150VA transformer". Full support if it had been class AB. I believe that for class D and assuming 90% efficiency we can do better: 100W/0.9=112W. 120VA should be a standard value.

@onedumbquestion
You are now estimating the capacity of your power supply and that is very relevant when the amplifier works. Not so long ago the problem was that the amplifier did not work. Has that changed?

@nigel
"If its a 100 watt amp then you need about 150VA transformer". Full support if it had been class AB. I believe that for class D and assuming 90% efficiency we can do better: 100W/0.9=112W. 120VA should be a standard value.

@onedumbquestion
You are now estimating the capacity of your power supply and that is very relevant when the amplifier works. Not so long ago the problem was that the amplifier did not work. Has that changed?

I bought a 120V 10A power supply, the kind used for LED strips Also, the tiny little 12V DC power connector on the board can't be rated 10A can it? The wires in the pigtails are very thin too, they can't be 10A for sure

@nigel

@onedumbquestion

I can pair with it by bluetooth and also connect to it's audio sink but there's no sound I should point out that for the time being they're 5.5 resistance I don't know what that works out to in impedence but when my resistors come in the mail I can raise it to at least 8 ohms

You probably mean 12V/10A power supply and not 120V.
My point is that even with a lot of current available and 8 Ohm, the amplifier is not likely to start up if you cannot make it start with 15V DC and 5.5 Ohm. You had an unusual comment with "four corners of the power connector".
When you are ready to look at why it does not start up we are ready.

You probably mean 12V/10A power supply and not 120V.
My point is that even with a lot of current available and 8 Ohm, the amplifier is not likely to start up if you cannot make it start with 15V DC and 5.5 Ohm. You had an unusual comment with "four corners of the power connector".
When you are ready to look at why it does not start up we are ready.

Yes It was a typo The supply I bought is 12V 10A I'm ready to look at why it doesn't start up, yes How do I proceed

Could we please have a photo of the amplifier with the speakers connected the way you have tested the board? If I understood Chris right, he had doubt if the speakers/power were connected correct.
Could we please also have a photo of the 15V power supply such that we can see the contacts in the connector? I still need to understand “the four corners of the power connector”.
When we know that the power supply and the speakers are connected correct, we can start using the multimeter to check voltages.

Could we please have a photo of the amplifier with the speakers connected the way you have tested the board? If I understood Chris right, he had doubt if the speakers/power were connected correct.
Could we please also have a photo of the 15V power supply such that we can see the contacts in the connector? I still need to understand “the four corners of the power connector”.
When we know that the power supply and the speakers are connected correct, we can start using the multimeter to check voltages.

TDA7492P w/12V 10A power supply - Album on Imgur

Many thanks for the very informative photos. They tell me that your wiring should be correct. You have an ordinary DC-plug which is fine. Don't worry about the rather thin wires for now.
The most important information I got from the photos is that it is a BlueTooth amplifier with no other input than the BlueTooth module it seems. On top of that you have 5 push-buttons. My guess is that it is far more likely you have no sound because you have no good connection to the BlueTooth module. On top, the 5 push-buttons may prevent the signal from getting to the amplifier part. For now, don't worry about your amplifier part. Many of these BlueTooth modules mute the amplifier until a good connection to the BlueTooth is established so the amplifier will just look dead if we measure on it.
It is a very cheap module but I have two different TPA3110 BlueTooth amplifiers for which I paid good 5$ and 3$ and both work. How they are made at that price I cannot tell you but very often they actually work.

My questions are:
How much experience do you have in establishing a BlueTooth connection to another BlueTooth unit (for some units it can be quite tricky)?
Did you seem to succeed in establising a connection to the BlueTooth receiver on this board?
Did you use your SmartPhone to make the Connection?
Was there a small LED on the board that showed the connection had been made?
Do you know what the 5 push-buttons are used for?

Last edited:
Yes I was able to connect to it by bluetooth and connected to it's audio sink I don't know what more I could do It flashes blue or blue and red after a connection is established My bluetooth controls on my laptop show I'm connected to it's audio sink I also connected my phone, same thing Pushing any of those buttons doesn't do anything Also, there's dip switches on the board that can be set to different positions for differing sound quality or something

Last edited:
I found this.

It was written that you have to wait some 10sec. and until the LED blinks blue and red alternately to connect to "SANWU Audio". When connected, I guess you have a steady blue or red LED light. Was that what happened?

Attachments

• Sanwu7492BT.jpg
    Sanwu7492BT.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 67
Did you try to increase the volume on the board using the second push-botton from the right (V+) and turn you phone up to max volume?
When playing music from the phone with BlueTooth, do you hear anything in the small phone speaker?
Please try also to push the 1st button from the left ("play") to see if that has any effect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.