No output from MRP-M1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I said, first when there was no output from the amp, I thought it will be these IRF3415, so thats why I bought them all brand new and changed them. Then I tested if the amp is working after the fix, and he was - though just 3-4 seconds after which I heard a little snapping sound comming from it, and no output again - I felt a burned smell right after that - Thats when I thought I blown the small 3 transistors because when doing this test they werent mounted to the heatsink. At this time no visible damage was to be seen on them, or ANYWHERE else... I then did the second stupid mistake of trying to meassure the voltage passing through these 3 with the meter, and the amp turned on, where I slipped the meter negative on two legs of the B631K - between Drain and source - thats when he literally popped from insinde and is dead for sure ... Thats the basic reason I changed the B631K and the rest two... Whereas I'm not sure if the original D600K I changed are dead - I dont know where from this snapping sound came from because there is no visible damage anywhere... So if it wasn't from the two D600K, I still have the original ones...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.