No NFB line amp (GainWire mk2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Damir,

Wonderful, creative work! Very nicely laid out too.......

How is the sound?

Hugh

Tank you Hugh,
I like the sound a lot, but need more listening, it was just short one.
I know that you like simple elegant work and this one is quite complicate, but ones the layout is set then number of transistors is not important(to me, as small transistors are so cheap).
cheers Damir

This is tested version and last schematics. During the test I have found some minor layouts faults, and that is now corrected in the new PCB. The PCB contain two pure mono blocks with separate power supply(shunt regulators) common part is the rectifier with big caps.
Some people showed interest in the PCB and I would like to know how many are to organize group buy. I think that to go I need ten or more interested so please tell me who is.
BR Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-mk2-15_300-f-double.png
    GainWire-mk2-15_300-f-double.png
    528.5 KB · Views: 704
  • GainWire-mk2-1-1.gif
    GainWire-mk2-1-1.gif
    58.9 KB · Views: 668
  • ShuntRegulator+-15V.gif
    ShuntRegulator+-15V.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Hi Dadod
please count me in for stereo version pcbs
How much will it be?

I am not sure, more PCBs lower the price. I think that below 10 pc. the price could be not economical, so I would like to get more interested persons. I will ask PCB producer here in Zagreb(I am very satisfied with the quality) how much will cost 10 pc. and let you know.
By the way, one PCB is stereo, so you need only one board.

Today I did some more listening, mostly Chesky CDs and SACDs, and some more DVD audio. More I am listening more I come to conclusion that this pre amp is of extraordinary quality. And it shows the strength of my power TT amp too. It did not sound so good never before.

I would like to get list of interested persons for the PCB.
For the moment I have those who showed interest:

pandamiecki
mcd99uk
manso --probably

and that's all, if there is no more people then no PCB production could be to expensive.
BR Damir

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.