• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"No More Projects" sale.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is getting ridiculous!

Hi, Al and Donovan:

While I'm now able to receive email, I'm unable to get outgoing posts past some black hole somewhere. Al, my emails to you have started being returned "undeliverable." I sent you the following at 8:30 this morning:

"My email is working again, and along with this post I got back the two that I'd sent yesterday(?). The $37 is USPS Priority, and if you want just the transistors and silver mica caps that's fine, although they constitute the biggest part of my investment in parts (except maybe the lytics and V Caps). What say $100 plus shipping, and you can PayPal me at "Email address removed by moderators"

Donovan, the Silmics were $150 new, and the Black Gates were $400. However, I want to get rid of them, so I'll lump them in with the Douyi and power supply, Triplett DMM, resistors, Wima Caps, diodes and thermal pads for $150.00, plus shipping.

George

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: This is getting ridiculous!

Colescuttle said:
What say $100 plus shipping, and you can PayPal me at "Email address removed by moderators"

Will get the paypal done tonight when I get home, though I'm having the pads and Donovan is having the 330pFs. ;)

I'm quite willing to pay the $110+p&p, though of course, I won't say no to $100. Confirm here nad I'll get the cash to you. Oh, I removed your email to prevent any more evil spambots getting it. If anyone else needs it to pay, drop me a line and I'll forward it.

Re: Re: This is getting ridiculous!

pinkmouse said:

Will get the paypal done tonight when I get home, though I'm having the pads and Donovan is having the 330pFs. ;)

I'm quite willing to pay the $110+p&p, though of course, I won't say no to $100. Confirm here nad I'll get the cash to you. Oh, I removed your email to prevent any more evil spambots getting it. If anyone else needs it to pay, drop me a line and I'll forward it.

$100 is what I said and $100 is what I meant and don't get ugly with me, Al. ;)

Let's see if the moderator let's this through. PayPal me at "george_cole'at'bellsouth.net".

George

Oh, well...

Thanks, guys. I guess if they had to break it's good that they did before I got rid of all the stuff.

I'll keep you posted. I intend to work all weekend to get this problem fixed so that I can ship to you on Monday. (That expression of good will is not untrammeled by self interest; I WANT THE MAGIC BACK!)

George

All items sold.

Everything has sold and, if I can get my sym-a-sym working this morning, will ship this afternoon.

Donovan, Al and Ed, I've taken a day off from work to get this thing working, and the worst possible scenario is shipping tomorrow or Wednesday. Please let me know if that is going to be a problem.

Mauricio, your wire will go out today.

George

Great!

Hi, Al:

I know you'll make good use of the parts. Do you recall that it was your post on the chip amp forum that brought me to the Sym-a-sym? Thanks for that.

I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to fix the one amp, but I have been listening to the other one, and am amazed to find how much better the PAWO/Sym-a-sym combination continues to get. Every time I listen I hear more of the tiny details that very clearly differentiate live sound from recorded sound. I wish that you, Mike, Al, Chris and Ryssen could hear them. One of the customers for my art is a very wealthy young man (owns four or five high end restaurants) who goes through $200,000 vinyl/tube commercial systems like he does cars, and he heard the single amp/speaker combination when he visited my studio recently. He listened for about an hour, then, without having said a word, got up and drove off in his new Lotus. He later called me to apologize and demanded that I sell him the whole system as soon as I got the amp fixed, price no object. I turned him down (it took me way too long to complete and I'm too old to begin the process again; I'm enjoying it too much and really got lucky with this combination).

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.