NO DIY Audio anymore?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: NO DIOYAudio anymore?

wuffwaff said:
since a few days I can´t reach DIYAUDIO anymore from my home adress! Instead the standard page "Server not found" is displayed. All other links I normally use are working fine. From work it´s no problem (as you can see)

The server transferred over to a new server recently.

It looks like the DNS server that your connection uses at home hasn't updated with the new server address yet. You should be able to access it by going directly to the IP address:
http://209.124.89.84

--
Brian

I had similar experience few months ago. Whenever I used a link from my Favorites menu, or typed the address directly, I couldn't reach DIY Audio.

By accident, I used a link in other forum and I got connected. It seemes like some "bug" was installed in my system, preventing me from getting proper access. I got rid of it after using some spyware (but it wasn't easy).

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:
I had similar experience few months ago. Whenever I used a link from my Favorites menu, or typed the address directly, I couldn't reach DIY Audio.

By accident, I used a link in other forum and I got connected. It seemes like some "bug" was installed in my system, preventing me from getting proper access. I got rid of it after using some spyware (but it wasn't easy).

It probably was a problem where the Spyware put entries in your HOSTS file at: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

The only entry you should have in that file is:
127.0.0.1 localhost

unless you bind names to addresses that your DNS server can't resolve.

Spybot - Search & Destroy is a good utility for checking for Spyware and other problems, such as BHOs (browser helper objects, which embed into your browser). You can get it from www.download.com by searching for: spybot search destroy

--
Brian

Hi Till,

I tried different thing s this weekend (reinstalled my connection, tried spybot and ad-aware) but nothing helped. Hearing that other people have got the same problem kind of confirmes my meaning that my computer is ok.
Still heard nothing from GMX. Is your connection also Telecom 2000 with GMX DSL or do you use another provider?

William

My provider is Telekom DSL with T-online flat. Between DSL modem and computer there is a hardware router.

I know other people have no prob with this provider in same area..

i scanned for all those spyware, i tried to modify MTU, my system (XP pro) has no hosts file. Nothing helped.

The problem occured at the moment diyaudio changed server.

I think the problem has its sources on the servers setting do something my system does not handle, not provider.

I still use guardster proxy.

i tried knoppix linux, and browser tells me connection was established to server diyaudio.com at port80 timout error occured. So it looks not like windows configuration mistake.

MTU is maximum transfer unit, provider limits the maximum size of a packet he forwards to you, if server sends out larger packet they never reach you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.