Nikola Tesla's Radiant Energy System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tesla is Tesla
one of very few
fortunately to all of us,including Croats and Serbian (two side of one crazy coin) , Americans and all other mentioned nations.
unfortunately to nixie.......he was just a man ,made of flash and blood;
but he probably was gifted with using few percents more of own brain-power than rest of us; and results made with this are more than enough to give him every right to be wakoo ,if he wanted that........
nixie- you have real problem ,when you can talk things like this to (or for) anybody........
seems that you have no problems with gray-cells ........you have problems with breeding

And he held the concept of humanity well high. He conceived the concept of remote controlled battle machines so to save human blood. Today US military industry is investing heavily in such near future warplanes etc
I'm sorry that's b******* as a motive. It's still war, it just means your guys die less. No humanity in that. 'War is a contnuation of diplomacy by other means' and all that. NO. its a gross failure.

Tesla was, undoubtedly, a genius; which is not to say the wilder of his ideas - most of them - have been misunderstood and propounded by people who simply couldn't comprehend why the claims couldn't or wouldn't work in this universe. Come on, even Isaac Newton took to alchemy like a fish to water.... it doesn't dimish the amazing achievements, but one should alwaysbe discerning about the claims, and limits, of one person.

salas said:
Tesla was thinking of a battle of the machines for both rivals, so to sort out superiority without human fight.

The logical next step, when all the machines are destroyed, is for the humans to start fighting. Wars are not won by machines killing machines. They are won by people killing people.

Wars fought by machines ranks right up there with the idea of presidents/dictators/prime ministers/kings/whatever fighting each other hand-to-hand to decide the issue of the day, instead of sending armies into battle. A nice idea but it doesn't work.

I_F

moamps said:
couldn't care less. Freud himself was not above suggesting that we are all neurotic to some degree, in one way or another.
Freud was another crackpot. I've studied cognitive psychology and some neuroscience. The general agreement in modern scientific psychology is that most of what Freud came up with has been discredited. Some discussion about psychoanalysis' pseudoscientific nature can be found in the entry at Skeptic's Dictionary here. But it goes beyond that -- his nonsense has done quite a lot of damage. A good example are the things documented in the book Freudian Fraud: The Malignant Effects of Freud's Theory in American Thought and Culture.

moamps said:
Tesla was born of Serbian parents at Smiljan, Croatia.
No wonder you cannot judge him without bias. You seem to be blind to the fact that even a single crackpot idea cannot be justified by a number of brilliant inventions. The crackpot stuff is feedstock for other crackpots and the nonsense grows. Tesla has given lots of it to pseudoscience and made the world worse for the rest of us. Any of his worthy inventions would have been discovered anyway at some later time, and I'd rather have had such delays in order to see the good stuff come from respectable scientists, rather than someone like him, giving in the eyes of the fools credence to all the nutty ideas he also came up with.

I feel quite strongly about issues of scientific truth and evidence, as someone might have guessed by my frequent references to Clifford's essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.