Newbie with Mikasa Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you think the missing diffuser behind the driver is going to hurt anything?

I assume you refer to the triangular deflector? Its absence sure isn't going to help anything. You're bound to get a lot of reflections off the back side of the cabinet. They'll come right back through the thin cone of the driver and mess with the imaging...

If you are careful, it shouldn't be too much trouble to cut a deflector of the correct side, then glue it down into proper position. Keep the cabinets lying on their back while you work. You might need a medium length stick with some tape on the end to help you position the deflector. I know that on the Saburo, there is enough room to fit my hand down there, but I don't know about Mikasa...

I assume you refer to the triangular deflector? Its absence sure isn't going to help anything. You're bound to get a lot of reflections off the back side of the cabinet. They'll come right back through the thin cone of the driver and mess with the imaging...

If you are careful, it shouldn't be too much trouble to cut a deflector of the correct side, then glue it down into proper position. Keep the cabinets lying on their back while you work. You might need a medium length stick with some tape on the end to help you position the deflector. I know that on the Saburo, there is enough room to fit my hand down there, but I don't know about Mikasa...

Yes; the triangular deflector. That makes sense what you're saying and I thank you. I just need to figure out what dimensions to make the deflector. Silly question but why aren't there reflections coming through cones of conventional speakers?
Thank you!
Eric

Hello from AZ! I just purchased a pair of Mikasa. Instead of Fostex drivers; they seem to have Asian woofers and seperate tweeters. The angled reflector is missing on the back of the cabinet behind the main driver. Here's my problems:

I really love the bass of these speakers and they work so well in my 12'x10' listening room. I want to make them work. That spooky realism I get with the Klipsch is missing in action with these Mikasa.

HELP!!!
Thanks!
Eric

any update on this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.