Newbie Q: Revised SI T-Amp PCB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I recently picked up my first SI T-Amp and am working on reboxing it. I am also considering the bass-improvement mods per the FAQ suggested links (Michael Mardis and Decible Dungeon); however, after I pulled out the SI's guts I can see that my SI's PCB differs noticeably from those pictured at the aforementioned sites. Clearly this is a revised PCB...

So, questions: has anyone else recently purchased one and encountered a redesigned PCB?

If so, is there any difference in performance in the new rev that might render the bass improvement mods unnecessary?

I ask for two reasons: first, I'm not sure my skills are up to some of the on-board mods (removing and bridging the original caps/resistors); and second, the R01/R02 and C3/C4 components must have been relocated--in fact, I can't even find some of them on the new board!

Ideally, if anyone has pics showing where those components are on the new PCB, it might renew my interest in the input cap mods. Otherwise, I may just stick with reboxing it with upgraded pot, connectors, and power/SLA.

Any help appreciated... Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.