Newbie party audio setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I would like to know if this is the best, that I can get for around 500EUR and if this setup would also be good for outdoor small party (50m2, around 30people).

2x Ibiza AMP15
Ibiza AMP15 Active DJ PA Speaker 15" Inch Bass - 900W at the Best Price!

And the subwoofer:
Ibiza 15 800w 400w rms
Ibiza Active DJ 15" PA Subwoofer 800W Max Bi-Amp at the Best Price!

My friend has set of Ibiza speakers and they sound good, however my other friend has set of Malone speakers that are a little bit cheaper (and have higher ratings) and they sound completely terrible.

Thank you for help.

Hi,

To be honest, that stuff is pretty terrible. If you've auditioned similar things and you like what you hear, then by all means, go for it.
For that money, though, I would try to find a single used Yamaha DXR15. That's something that'll sound good, go loud, and won't break even if you hammer it.

Chris

Hi,

To be honest, that stuff is pretty terrible. If you've auditioned similar things and you like what you hear, then by all means, go for it.
For that money, though, I would try to find a single used Yamaha DXR15. That's something that'll sound good, go loud, and won't break even if you hammer it.

Chris
Hello, yes i think that ibiza speakers sound good enough for me. Thank you for input

I like used Peavey SP2. I paid $600 for mine, about E500 the pair. They are for sale in Europe, assembled in Greece, I've seen them in movies. (4 weddings and a funeral) They have 8 ohm impedance which cuts your amp costs (less output transistor & heat sinks required) . MY SP2-XT are 101 db 1 W 1m, which is very loud for little wattage. Mine are 1998 build and still going strong.

If you like the sound of the Ibiza's of your friend then buying the exact same will have the lowest risk of not liking the sound of it.

If you like quantity over quality (nothing wrong with that), the links you gave are good choices for the money. If you aim towards quality, I would look into these:

compression driver

They are the only speakers that seem to use a compression driver, whereas all the others (yours included) seem to use pïezo's. Compression drivers are like the next step compared to pïezo's and matching it to an 8" is hardly a problem, meaning it will likely sound good in the crossover region (2 - 3 kHz), where the ear is most sensitive.

I would combine them with the subwoofer you linked to. Two 8"/1" tops and a 15" sub will be plenty for 30 people. You could even add a second sub in the future.

Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.