Newbie needs help choosing Driver & Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone

Just got back from a 3 week vacation in southern France and I want to thank you all for your suggestions, recomendations and advice.

I guess I have my work cut out for the next few weeks looking into all of the speakers reccommended by you guys especially Bob (AstroSonic).

Once I have narowed down my speaker I will start looking for an enclosure plan.

Thanks again!

Yves Alexandre

Finaly back and decided!

Hi everyone

I know, I was off for a while but the last year and a half has been crazy for my family and I, in short:
Speakers where off the charts for a while.

I do not know if I am lucky or not but I spend 75 to 100 nights a year in hotel rooms all over the USA & Canada fo work so, at night, I had plenty of time to research and read...
Finally, after many hours of reading all kinds of forums, blogs, individual and comercial websites I have made my decision.
The driver will be the Tang Band W8-1772. For the enclosure I am going to get a M18-T772 flat pak from Bob at brines acoustics.

My original idea was to build a simple 1.3 cubic foot Bass reflex enclosure with a 3" diameter vent aproximately 4" long but reading Bob's website and the Tang Bang W8-1772 Impressions thread on this forum I decided on the M18-T772 cabinet.

I will keep you guys posted has the project progresses...

Again thanks to all !

Yves Alexandre:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.