New Zhaolu D3 DAC with TG-Link for PC Hi-Fi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zhaolu annouced the new version, D3. It comes with TG-Link input which looks alike the RJ-45 port. This link seems to be only available on Chinese PC Hi-Fi products.

http://www.zhaolu.com/products/d3/d3_1.htm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

TOGO Technologies sells sound cards with TG-Link as well as TG-Link to Wireless, DAB or I2S accessories.

Check out http://www.sndscape.com/download.asp?ProductID=4

SndSend March DAC seems to have TG-Link too. Is this a comming standard for us too ? :confused:

Translated

A quick translate.
The test results are a bit messy to read.

Zhao-lu D3 decoders Preview

Zhao-lu electronic format forthcoming while supporting SPDIF and TG-link D3 decoders, Please pay attention.

Zhao-lu D3 stereo digital audio decoder is a new generation of high-standard decoder products. Zhao-lu company is well-prepared for medium and market products, while ensuring the objective test target, fully allow users to listen to the most correct, the most pleasant voice.
Zhao-lu and TG-link D3 can accept SPDIF digital audio signal format. These two signal transmission to ensure that users can listen to hi-fi music program, four digital input interface can completely meet user requirements, which are : SPDIF optical interface. two coaxial SPDIF input interface with the high-speed buffer TG-link personal computer and a digital audio interface. Through the control panel, users can choose to facilitate the necessary port to accept digital audio signal, and, Users can use the designated priority switched digital audio input, when switched on again. Zhao-lu D3 decoders will automatically choose this as input port to facilitate users to determine their most commonly used listening equipment.
For the pursuit of excellence in performance, Zhao-lu D3 will be prone to interference shielding components, circuit and PCB design and a substantial increase in investment in selected parts, etc., with encouraging results : Zhao-lu D3 test results exceeded the minimum resolution of the test equipment.
Following is a 24bit/96kHz some of the test results :
-115dB -115dB (A-weighted)
113dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
<-100dB £¨<0.001% Total Harmonic Distortion : "-100dB (" 0.001%)
-111dB 1KhZ -111dB 1KhZ stereo separation :
-108dB 300hZ -108dB (300hZ--40KhZ)
Zhao-lu D3 use Cirrus logic IC produce nuclear CS4398 digital-analog conversion heart devices, carefully match the peripheral circuits, Zhao-lu well reflected in the structure of the circuit design capability, Moreover, Zhao-lu consistent refinement of the production model, Zhao-lu D3 digital audio decoder to ensure that most users the highest Blair to meet the demands!

any details on how to plug the zhalou d3 into a PC?

I'd think the TG link connection would reduce jitter that can come in an spdif connection, so it sounds good.

but how is the tg link achieved. is there a special cable required - or connected via ethernet port. if not special cable, is there a usb->tg link interface card and windows vista drivers?

TG-Link : Chinese Patent

I did a detective job :Popworm: and found more information about TG-Link at www.pchifi.cn recently. People there mentioned about two Chinese patents.

Patent 200510024999.4

This was practical new has promulgated one kind of audio frequency data treating plant, this equipment included: The digital audio frequency data handling component ydo, installs in the PC main engine end, processing numeral audio frequency data; The first transmission installment, installs in the PC main engine end, may correspond connected with the digital audio frequency data handling component ydo; Arranges/the decoding and the simulation processing module, is located outside the PC main engine end, arranges/the decoding numeral audio frequency data and carries on the digital-analog conversion, but also carries on processing to the analog-digital audio frequency data; The second transmission installment, installs in arranges/the decoding and in the simulation processing module, carries on the correspondence with the first transmission connection and may correspond with arranges/the decoding and the simulation processing module is connected. Has used this practical new technical plan, embraces the audio frequency the numeral and the simulation partial independently comes, the PC end only makes the numeral tonic train signalling operation processing, but will arrange the decoding (digital-analog/a/d conversion) and its the simulation audio frequency processing electric circuit partially moves to the exterior independent installment processes, in this kind of processing method thorough settlement existing technology question.

200510024999.4: G10L19/00 (2006.01) I (PDF)
200520040760.1: G10L19/00 (2006.01) II (PDF)
PDFs mirrored at IceFile.com Click Here

Thread #47 http://www.pchifi.cn/viewthread.php?tid=11292&extra=&page=3#
With BabeFish translator , I spotted some information.

Translated text:

Originally posted by popofox
... The TG-Link spoken lines were I2S+I2C, I2S use for to transmit the audio frequency data, joined the I2C main line the original intention possibly is for transmit control command and so on the GPIO, this need sound card chip and rear end equipment support. But considers the island valley the actuation...

...TG straight takes over the use of I2S to transmit, similarly needs to carry on processing. As for this processing effect, perhaps only had 天知道. But I not too believed once infatuatedded to the research chip polishes technical the company to be able also to have the similar attainments in this aspect. The I2S patent is the Phillips company. I2C is the Phillips company's patent. I was saying the tongue twister? Does not have. Catches up with bright me also to apply for a patent for these two speeches combination way to go. ...

FYI, for translation, just copy Chinese text put into BabeFish's text area and select Chinese-Simp. :D

PS For those who need to check Chinese patents. All in Chinese though. http://www.cpsfu.com/G10L/2006/list4.shtml

> This is an interesting statment.
> "People there mentioned about two Chinese patents."

People laughed about Japanese inventions and Japanese products 30 years ago. Now, they are desperately looking for obsolete Japanese transistors (Toshiba JFETs, Saken BJTs....), some even from that time (e.g. Sony Power JFETs).

I am very much looking forward to what people have to say about Chinese products and Chinese designs in 10 years' time. With a population of 1.6 billion, they have their fair portion of extremely intelligent people.

If you don't take my word, just ask anyone working in the semiconductor industry, or even the magnet industry. They conquered the world market for magnets in 5 years, and now control 80% of the world's magnet supply. Even if you buy a motor from Maxon for your DIY LP, it has Chinese magnets in them. Not to speak of your Philips or Sony CD laser head.....

And if you would forgive me, I deal with patents daily in my work. I don't recall seeing Australian patents other than an example of one hanging on the wall of our patents office -- a recent patent for a latex nipple for babies.

Patrick

EUVL said:
> This is an interesting statment.
> "People there mentioned about two Chinese patents."

People laughed about Japanese inventions and Japanese products 30 years ago. Now, they are desperate to look for Japanese transistors, some even from that time (e.g. Sony Power JFETs).

I am looking forward to what you have to say about Chinese products and Chinese designs in 10 years' time. With a population of 1.6 billion, they have their fair portion of extremely intelligent people.

If you don't take my word, just ask anyone working in the semiconductor industry, or even the magnet industry. They conquered the world market for magnets in 5 years, and now control 80% of the world's magnet supply. Even if you buy a motor from Maxon for your DIY LP, it has Chinese magnets in them. Not to speak of your Philips or Sony CD laser head.....

Patrick

I was talking about patents, not the ability of there tech's or engineers

allan

Patrick's quote

"And if you would forgive me, I deal with patents daily in my work. I don't recall seeing Australian patents other than an example of one hanging on the wall of our patents office -- a recent patent for a latex nipple for babies"

I am a Chinese living in Australia, most Australians are very parocial, most of them believe anything they do are world class and thats includes electronics as well.

Speak your mind.....and speak the truth!!!

Regarding Chinese patents, an article in Times or Business Week, a few years ago, reported the number of patents filed between US, UK and China. Interestingly enough, Chinese patents were soaring to match the figure of the US while the UK undoubtedly had lost its position.

A patent strategy of the US companies is also to file patents within China.
http://www.out-law.com/page-7398
http://www.china.org.cn/english/2006/Aug/179462.htm

You may want to attend Corporate Intellectual Property in China Conference 2007.
Visit Intellectual Property Protection in China.

This Chinese patent growth has a lot of implication. I have never realized it will be something in an audio product. TG-Link is coming to your home. :D

bordins said:
Regarding Chinese patents, an article in Times or Business Week, a few years ago, reported the number of patents filed between US, UK and China. Interestingly enough, Chinese patents were soaring to match the figure of the US while the UK undoubtedly had lost its position.

A patent strategy of the US companies is also to file patents within China.
http://www.out-law.com/page-7398
http://www.china.org.cn/english/2006/Aug/179462.htm

You may want to attend Corporate Intellectual Property in China Conference 2007.
Visit Intellectual Property Protection in China.

This Chinese patent growth has a lot of implication. I have never realized it will be something in an audio product. TG-Link is coming to your home. :D

Agreed
Then why plagerise other's patent's
That's enough of that

Let's talk about TG-Link

A form of I2S/I2C communication.

If anyone finds out how they use it, then enlighten everyone.

allan

I have said this somewhere in DIY Audio before (Pass Labs), and I only want to say once more, for the interest of those who do not have the same knowledge about patents.

If you decide to file a patent at certain countries only, e.g. US, WHEN GRANTED, you only have the exclusive right to use the idea (and forbid others) in THAT COUNTRY (those countires) ONLY. That is how the law is, right or wrong.

So if you think your idea is so brilliant that you want worldwide protection, then you need to file in EACH individual country separately (and that also applies to all European countries). The filing and maintenance cost of such a patent is in the order of US$120k+.

If you do not hold a patent in China (but say only in the US), you only have the right to forbid them in selling products based on that patent or the use of that patent in the US (and not anywhere else). In doing so, you have made the conscious decision to made your idea public property in all other countries than those you decide to file. If you are not made aware of that fact while filing, you should change your patents lawyer.

OR alternatively, you can ALWAYS keep it secret (like the Coca Cola formula) and NOT file anything.

It is entirely your free choice. And before filing any patents, we always consider whether it offers us better protection by just keeping it secret.

Patrick

I'm in the market for a new DAC.

I was thinking about buying a 16 or 24 x TDA1543 NOS DAC, but seeing this D3 design is interesting with the TG Link input. The only thing it really seems to be missing is a balanced output.

It is a shame they no longer support the AD chip.

Does anyone know who if anyone is actually selling modded Zhalou D3's yet (upgraded PS, caps & clock) + the half height TG Link sound card and what the price is on that combo?

Or is Eddie still selling only the 2.5's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.