New Years Eve in Paris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Louvre is too big, and you will only do a speck of it.

Yes, even though they gave us free passes for the Louvre I didn't want to go there for exactly that reason. We did spend most of a day in Musee d'Orsay, it was wonderful.

(I assume you noticed this trip took place in Dec 2015-Jan 2016! But I appreciate the feedback anyway.)

A lesser known delight, if it is your sort of thing, is the Musee de la Moyenne Age. Beautiful really old building with some unusual art including some stunning tapestries.

Sounds great, maybe next time. :)

One of my favourite moments occurred on the Saturday, Jan 2. We had a nice (free) lunch at Le Boeuf sur le Toit and were just on our way out. Sitting near the front window, by herself, was a rather grand looking older woman, her fur coat draped on her chair back, he hair done, dressed well, real pearls, etc. She was sipping a glass of Champagne and on the table in front of her was a 3-tiered tray, each tier lined with crushed ice (I assume) and oysters. She looked very pleased with herself, enjoying her mid-afternoon lunch of oysters and Champagne. There was something quintessentially Parisian about her.

Yes, even though they gave us free passes for the Louvre I didn't want to go there for exactly that reason. We did spend most of a day in Musee d'Orsay, it was wonderful.

There's something to be said for just seeing what you see and not sweating the rest. There are infinite (relative to our time to experience them) incredible cool things to do, so it's more important to pursue experiences rather than trying too hard to "optimise" those experiences. :) But if you had a great day in the d'Orsay, then all is good!

I just got back from a trip and had to constantly remind myself of what I wrote above, so it's fresh on the mind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.