New XP-12 and XP-17

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Interesting...I guess revision to the XP20 will follow.
100 steps of 1db sounds like the muse.
The power switch surprised me. Also the power consumption has quite a bit over
the XP10. Perhaps shunt regulator? (Jam spoke of preamp prototype with shunt here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/300060-pass-hpa-1-what-do-we-know-2.html#post4908166 )

Very interesting, along with the XP17.

Oh....congratulations to Pass Labs on the launch of these new products.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
That's also a very classy launch. No snake oil, no hyperbole, no touting how expensive or unobtanium the parts are, etc... Almost humbling or deferential. Very refreshing to see a manufacturer do, especially given the high cost of the products.

Now only if I could afford them.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if shunts , then I could only say - finally

so , next step is to see more iron in signal path in PL products

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 1,299
Muses Volume:

In my opinion one of the best solution.

I compare it with the DS Volume

The DS is the bottleneck in the XP10/20.

Both Boards include galvanically isolated digital and analog power supply...

Attachments

• DS Volume.jpg
    DS Volume.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Muses.jpg
    Muses.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,296
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Really gorgeous gear. I admire Pass Labs' willingness to keep the wine in the cask. It must require a lot of patience and restraint to fight back the impulse to move on to the next thing too quickly. Of course, I'm sure there's a nice top secret skunkworks to whet those appetites.

For me, the skunk works would be DIY and First Watt.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Pretty much the same discrete regulators on the 12 with an extra stage on the reference. The 17 is three terminals floated and cap multipliers. It all adds up though with much better sound it is the sum of all these little things tweaked over time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.