New version of Basta! released.

BASTA Cone excusrion and simulated power.

If this is ok, I'd like to announce that there is a new version of the Basta! loudspeaker simulator is available on my website.

One of the new things is that the free version does not have a time limit any more.

Have a look at http://www.tolvan.com/basta

Hi Svante, community, I have been using basta for a while now and I like it a lot. Hopefully somebody can direct me here. In my simulation the cone excursion graph does not change when I change the amplifier simulated output ? is there an explanation ? Is that correct is cone excursion only given at (guessing here 1W or so ?) or what am I doing wrong ? All feedback appreciated ! Tx

Alright have been playing with these tabs for a while not and cannot believe I missed that, kept staring at the power amplifier tab. Thx a lot. :eek: The excursion at MOL how does basta work that out ? do you know that (can of course put the input at maximum, just wondering)

If I'm right calculations are from max linear excursion and max input power, linked to the resulting SPL at 1m in half (2π) space. With vented cabs it works basically the same, but the output of the vent is summed to the output of the speaker. It does even predict vent (port) resonances due to standing waves in the port. Pretty nice still, I think.

Sorry to bump this thread....

I got this program maybe a month ago and have been loving it, but out of the blue it stopped working. It opens and then immediately closes. Any ideas, or recommendations for other software to model OB?
Did your Win10 (assuming you are running a W10) update recently? I am experiencing similar with LspCAD, since the last W10 automatic upgrade.