New Velleman Preamp with tone controls

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
so just a recap this is the preamp that I made over 20 odd years ago and in my humble opinion sound really good and good value for the money

IMG_0261.JPG

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
So have 3 new power supplies fitted (also to note I wanted to make the whole project modular so I could remove the various PCBS for easier upgrades)

top psu is for the preamp
middle psu is for the remote control pcb
bottom is for the front LED'S (Cats eyes and potentiometer illumination)

IMG_0255.JPG

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
this layout in my case works very well .. no hum etc
was using this the other night and friends commented on the nice sound quality - may be not the best or most expensive but again a very good entry level pre amp (if you would like tone controls) I have numerous line only pre amps etc to compare with.

IMG_0254.JPG

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
One last pic of the cats eyes (I know the front panel needs a polish)

The reason I have put the cats eyes on their own variable PSU is that I can match the brightness of various builds and different colour LEDS that need different forward volt drop levels - blue is a lot higher then red so gives me flexibility instead of changing resistor values all the time.

IMG_0262.JPG

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
hello .. all completed
I have fairly pleased with the results for the volume control and tone controls .. The blue is brighter in the pics then actual

1. I have added a switch on the rear so the illumination can be turned off
2. The cats eyes and control illumination are dimmable as they have their own adjustable PSU so this can be adjusted if needed

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG