New "user" libraries for LTSpice 24 available online?

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has already uploaded some "user" libraries online, to integrate the "standard" libraries that LTSpice 24 automatically updates.
As you know you can't modify the "standard" libraries, because they are overwritten at every update of the libraries, so with the latest revision LTSpice has the possibility to integrate other "user" libraries to the "standard" ones.

I've done mine for mosfets, but I would like to know if someone else has done something similar.

Thanks,
Roberto

I just downloaded LTSpice 24 the other day.

I created a lib subfolder in the ....\Documents\LTSpice folder that LTSpice created during the installation. It wasn't necessary to create this subfolder, I just wanted to be a little tidy with my files.

I made a copy of the LTSPICE XVII standard component files to that directory, renamed them user.xxx (bjt, dio, mos, .etc). I then edited the files, deleting all but the models that I had downloaded or modified or that were included in XXVII but omitted in the 24 standard component files.

The screenshot shows what I did in the settings menu. As you can probably tell I also created subfolders \lib\sym for my addon symbols and \lib\sub for subcircuits. You don't have to do this, I just like keeping things tidy. The background schematic shows examples. The DPDT symbol now appears in the add component menu. The ".inc DPDT.sub" grabs it from the Library Search Path. And the IRF9510 (omitted in 24) is now in the pick new mosfet list (by copy and pasting the .model line in the old standard.mos file to the user.mos file.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. The component files must be in specified directory in the top box of the settings and they must be named user.xxx. That is the only way they will appear in the Pick New model list.
2. If you don't delete all the old duplicate models from the user.xxx files, you will get pages of duplicate model warnings in the Spice Output log (formerly Error log). This will happen whether they are in your schematic or not.

Greg

Screenshot (10).png

Reactions: 1 user