• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New Ultrafast Diode Bridge group buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At the time when this happend i wasn't aviable. Still i tried to mail and ask where to send my money to and at this date still haven't got a reply. If i missed the deadline that is my bad, but i did ask if was too late and if not where do i send the money to, no replay. Please respond, prefreabliy by email.

Thx,

Kari

Hi, sorry I haven't been around recently to reply to people, but I should have a bit of free time tomorrow afternoon, so if you are still waiting on your kits, or have any other sort of question regarding what stuff is left (I think it is just the PCB's now, but I'm not sure how many I have left) I should be able to send you all a proper reply then.

Andrew.

Killjoy99 said:
Just a quick question, but is it a good idea to place an insulator pad between the Diodes and the heatsinks?

Thanks

Brian

The Heatsinks do not make electrical contact to the PCB so insulators are optional, that said I would not want to accidentally bridge any of them with my fingers. Insulator I say, better safe than sorry.

Anthony

Hi, coulomb is right here, the mounting ponts for the heatsinks on the PCB are not electricaly connect so in theory it would be quite safe to mount the diodes directly to them without normaly worrying about creating a ashort. However do do this you would have to be absolutely sure that nothing else would ever come into contact with the heat sinks as if they were mounted too close to a piece of casing for example the could short out or place the cassing at some dangerous potential. so, if you aren't sure about it I would go ahead and install the washers (they probably don't need to to be the expensive sort, cheep ones should easily do the job) between them.

Andrew.

Hi, I have finaly sorted myself out now and gone through everything I have left still from the order if people are still interested in trying to get a hol of anything. I have included a list below of everything and if you want to try and get your hands on it, send me an e-mail and I'll let it go on a first come first served basis (or if you have contacted me before, just remind me, chances are I have lost your e-mail in my ever expanding black hole of an inbox).

Andrew.

Kits (full, including PCB) - 5 (£15.50)
PCB's - 39 (£4.00)
Heatsinks - 14 (£0.50)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.