New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the Dayton unit any good? I only know one place to get it and they're out of stock.

Is the Sig 30.2 comparable to Dayton? I guess the Sig 30.2 is so expensive due to the "fancy" cabinet/case and the touch sensitive power on/off button and of course the battery PSU. But if it the performance of the Dayton is nearly the same as the Sig 30.2 then I'll try it without any hassle.

I don't know anything about the Dayton except from the link provided above. From what I've read in the thread about the sure boards, generally a small computer type psu doesn't sound that good. People are saying very good things about the Meanwell PSUs.

If you're looking for an affordable ready-made amp with the same basic technology as the Virtue One, Sig 30.2, etc., then the Dayton unit is your best bet. Even if it lacks the high-end components and design of more expensive class T amps, its sound is probably comparable enough to make the $100 price tag seem like a bargain.

Mind you, it wouldn't be *that* hard to build your own amp using either the board discussed in this thread, or the Sure board. The layout and soldering has already been done for you; all you'd need to do is screw the power, audio, and speaker wires to their posts. It's like paint by numbers. :D

Hifimediy asked me yesterday if I could help him to sell the boards outside China because he don't have a paypal account or uses ebay. I accepted, as I want to get this out to more people so that we can explore how to tweak it. And I also thought it could be fun to be involved in this :)
I have been checking out shipping options out of china. This is (as everything else in China) not as simple and straightforward as in other places. I will try one shipper first and see how that works. The price will maybe have to be adjusted depending on how the shipping works.

We've settled on a price including shipping of 42USD. I will have two boards now, and more around 15th next month. PM me if you are interested. I think payment by paypal would be the easiest now. Maybe I could put them on ebay later, but I have never used ebay for selling, so I would have to look deeper into that.

I hope I can still be part of the discussion about this board even if I'm involved selling them. I'm only doing this because I was so impressed by this board and want to get it out to others.
Do you think you i can buy from Italy?

post here.:D
space.php

space.php

Great looking boards! Do you make any other products? I'm looking for some regulators, low jitter clocks, and power supply for the clock.

The Sure board has a manual available online. Maybe this board comes with something similar?
I don't think there is a manual. I guess this thread could work as a guide.
There is really just to connect the input signal, the speakers and the power (DC or AC). DC can be from 20V-36V.
AC will turn into higher DC, so what would be the safe AC input?

Hifimediy said he will start supplying the 3 pin input connector (which I didn't have when I got mine).

What exactly would I need to build an integrated amp with these boards?

Cabinet, wires, the board itself, psu, vol. pot....and?
Depends how you want to make it. A pair of RCA plugs and 4 speaker connectors to have on the back of the cabinet would be nice. You don't need a vol put, as its already on the board.
Or you can just do as I did. No cabinet, connect wires directly to the boards. Just to try out the sound of it for a while.. :)

Last edited:
Nick and others.

I want to build a Class-T amp for my father as a surprise (as he doesn't know what these highly efficient amps are capable of), but which board gives the best performance in your opinion? I don't have that much money to spend on 4-5 different boards + cabinet, PSU and other small parts. I want to get this as good as possible from the start.

Thank you guys in advance, cheers!

Nick and others.

I want to build a Class-T amp for my father as a surprise (as he doesn't know what these highly efficient amps are capable of), but which board gives the best performance in your opinion? I don't have that much money to spend on 4-5 different boards + cabinet, PSU and other small parts. I want to get this as good as possible from the start.

Thank you guys in advance, cheers!

Thats a difficult question to answear, because only I know this board, and I only know this board. (really satisfied with that sentence ;)
However, I havn't got any problems with mine, and I think the sound is wonderful, so I would surely recommend this board.

Thats a difficult question to answear, because only I know this board, and I only know this board. (really satisfied with that sentence ;)
However, I havn't got any problems with mine, and I think the sound is wonderful, so I would surely recommend this board.

Is the board you're using modified in any way compared to the standard stock? Will I get better sound quality if I use an ALPS vol. pot. instead of the standard one (if it's possible to change the standard pot. on the board of course).

Is the board you're using modified in any way compared to the standard stock? Will I get better sound quality if I use an ALPS vol. pot. instead of the standard one (if it's possible to change the standard pot. on the board of course).

I changed the input caps to mundorf mkp, but the difference is not hugh, I think the stock (big blue) input caps are already decent.

I'm not sure about the pot. Sendler wrote earlier that the best it to have the pot on the board like on this one.

Hi all.thanks to Nick122147 I received one of these boards on Friday.

Build quality is great and so is the sound.I have been using a sure 4x 100W board for a few months and have experience with other tripath chips 2024,2020 and 3020 guess I'm a tripath fan lol.still early for any comparisons as the amp only has a couple of hours on it but early impressions are very favourable,it does not get hot the dc offsets
were less than 1mV and 5.8mV and I guess the two multiturn trimpots are to adjust this but I haven't had a play yet.Turn on off noises are non existent thanks to the relays on the output however on switch off the mute is not fast enough to suppress the squawk from my dac if everything is powered off together but its load better than the sure board in this respect.
Currently power the amp with a meanwell 24V 350watt smps via the onboard ac in connectors but have made provision to connect direct to the tank capacitor.

Overall very happy, insanely good value Thanks again Nick.

cheers jon

shoot out?

It would great to get your comparison of all of your Tripath amps.
Hi all.thanks to Nick122147 I received one of these boards on Friday.

Build quality is great and so is the sound.I have been using a sure 4x 100W board for a few months and have experience with other tripath chips 2024,2020 and 3020 guess I'm a tripath fan lol.still early for any comparisons as the amp only has a couple of hours on it but early impressions are very favourable,it does not get hot the dc offsets
were less than 1mV and 5.8mV and I guess the two multiturn trimpots are to adjust this but I haven't had a play yet.Turn on off noises are non existent thanks to the relays on the output however on switch off the mute is not fast enough to suppress the squawk from my dac if everything is powered off together but its load better than the sure board in this respect.
Currently power the amp with a meanwell 24V 350watt smps via the onboard ac in connectors but have made provision to connect direct to the tank capacitor.

Overall very happy, insanely good value Thanks again Nick.

cheers jon

Hi Scott, shoot out not really an option as all my amps get knocked down for reuse of parts power supplies etc
off topic sorry, it all began with the sonic impact,heard all the hype got one from the states and oh my what a revelation! my dennon pma 250 mkii has not been powered up since (good class AB amp) Next came the Audiodigit (Italian) 2020 amp definite improvement and the quietest blackest background of all my tripaths. Experiments with different power supplies lead to the conclusion that these D amps love the stiff supply from a smps and for about a year I ran the 2020 of a 12V 12.5A smps and absolutely loved it.
Enter the TK2050 chipset in the form of the Teac A-L700P a pair acquired on fleabay for peanuts and subsequently monoblocked, the extra power seemed to control my proac response 1 clones effortlessly.
Next came the cheap full rangers from Taiwan tangband 3 inch in a small br enclosure
Wow that got my attention such coherence and vocal clarity for 30quid! needs to say the proacs. are gathering dust.
Next Connexelectronics trupath just had to hear one but noisiest background of my tripath experience not really bad but compared to the Italian job poor. never did resolve that(powered by a linear supply)Fantastic sounding amp and Christi's products are of excellent quality.
Then the sure 4x100 clunky but great sounding first one was dead on two channels on arrival but sure replaced it no quibbles
Now the latest incarnation .Its more compact than the sure board, my feeling is it's of better quality sounds every bit as good if not better (early days yet)
sorry for off topic.
Scott I'd love to see some pics of your implementation of the Wurth inductors on the two channel sure board I guess they're buried somewhere in that thread a link would be nice.

system pc lossless to big dac(lundall output traffo mod) to Eva (lightspeed type vol control) to power amp

cheers jon

systemhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/1912820/SNV30750.JPG

Last edited:
Photos

I am planning to change the layout by scraping two ground points under the board in order to eliminate the leads and to move the zobel underneath but this is what my 2X100 boards look like now. The Wurth coils look just like the stock coils.

Attachments

• ZalmanZM-NB47Jcomp.jpg
    ZalmanZM-NB47Jcomp.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,140
  • Sure with hand wound bottom comp.jpg
    Sure with hand wound bottom comp.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,057
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.