New Tangband DIY Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you might want to contact the German TB distributor Blue Planet Acoustic (http://oaudio.de/ and then use the contact form, the owner Nick speaks good english and is a very nice and helpfull person (the other guys there are also nice and helpfull, but I don't know how well their english skills are)) on this, they already sell the kit (the 4" one) and I have read some positive reports on them on the german diy forum.

I just pulled up the DIYAudioProjects review of the D4-1 kit, and suddenly I really want a pair.

Holy 3" Neodymium Slug, Batman! The W4-1617 full-range driver looks like Tang Band's most ambitious, no-compromise effort yet. The cone is made from sugar cane fiber, so it's probably the only speaker cone in the business that would be as sweet to the taste as it would be to listen to. That huge Neodymium slug provides flux for an underhung motor with a 7mm long voice coil and an ample 3mm of Xmax in each direction, and the extra BL is probably why Tang Band can spec these drivers out to 20 kHz (though the rolloff doesn't even show up on the graph).

Tang-Band-W4-1617-Speaker-Driver.jpg

Attachments

• Tang-Band-W4-1617-Speaker-Driver.jpg
    Tang-Band-W4-1617-Speaker-Driver.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 873
more impressions?

For those who have built or heard these, how is the male and female vocal reproduction? Overall, how does the W4-1617 compare to Fostex 4-5" drivers? If the fully assembled TBs can give a sense of 40 Hz, that would be very attractive. I would love to see more "ready to assemble" kits like...

Hi - I would like to build these cabs from scratch - does anyone have any links to detailed pics / technical drawing of the internal panels I would have to cut?

Chris
Hi,

The only way to get those drivers are to order the complete kit - unless you want to try another driver...

I have both kits, but the drawings (assambly instructions) have no measurements in it.

Vidar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.