New Tang Band Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Correction on New 6-9" Sub

> W69-1042 is $32.75can at Nuera.

Price is actually $32.75 US, not Canadian. Company is Canadian but the provided link gives prices in USD (noted at top of page).

Price drops $6 ea for quantities of 6 or more (not counting what you'd save on shipping), so if any of you other Texas folks are interested, a group buy might be in order.

Travis
Work Location - Keller, TX (DFW)
Home - Ruidoso, NM (BFE)

Humm ive been playing with mine

Attachments

• tang.jpg
    tang.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 463
Those TB Speaks

Hey JasonL, what drivers are those? I've been thinking about something sort of similar.

I have a ~10L spherical clay pot with a really nice finish I'm trying to fashion into some small speakers. One woofer with a surface mount tweeter seems to be the best solution.

In my 99 neon ay setup in my car that has a 3" cone tweet and a 6.5" mid. I am sure that the tweet is handling more then just highs because of the size. I have been considering replacing the tweets with some TB mounted in pods on the dash. This way they would be facing me. I also was planing on crossing them over at around 100-200 and having the 6.5 handle everything below. I will either use an active crossover or build a first order crossover. Do you guys think I will get good sound quality out of this? If so do you feel it will be better then buying a component set and mounting them in kick pods? I want to do this as cheaply as possible if you think this will not work work well or that I might as well save my money and build a pair of kick pods and a set of components please let me know why you feel that way. Of all the 3" drivers TB makes which one do you guys feel would be the best option?

Dave Jones said:

How do the Vifa P13WH-00-08 and the Scan Speak Revelator 5 1/2" mid/bass units stack up? (I don't remember the model number for the Scan Speak.)

I have not personally tested either of these models. I have seen some test reports on the Vifa P13 done by others though, and from what I have seen and what I know of construction you can expect distortionn to be at least 6dB worse on most of the distortion products....or more.

As far as the Scan-Speak woofer, it SHOULD be similar based on its construction alone, from what I know. If someone has one they would like to get tested, I would be more then willing to test it if they would ship it to me. ;-)

Now remember, not all drivers that have a "Faraday ring" or short-circuiting ring in the motor structure get this kind of performance. Special attention must be paid to the spider, cone and surround construction. The entire magnet system must be designed with this in mind.

Cost does not necessarily mean low distortion I've seen expensive drivers with "distortion reducing features" that have higher distortionn than much less expensive drivers. Best way to know is to test.

Scott

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.